Ridgid Dril Press

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Dril Press

Has anyone had to replace the rack on the 15" Ridgid Drill Press. I have had the drill press for one week, and the first time I went to adjust the table, the rack broke in have. Ridgid sent me a replacement rack. It appears that the entire drill press needs to be dismantled to replace the rack. Any suggestions ?

Mike, the only thing you should have to dismantle is the table assembly. At the very worst, all you would have to do is remove the head assy. Not a big deal and nothing to worry about as far as realigning etc. In case you don't already know it, might want to get some help if you have to remove the head. Little heavy and awkward.
    Dick

Comment

Mike,

You will have to remove the entire head assembly. Once you have done that remove the collar above the rack. Remove the table mount and the rack at the same time. Pull the old rack out of the table mount and put the new rack into position on the table mount then slide the mount and rack back onto the tube and reassemble the drill press. The entire change should not take more that 15 min if you have someone help you.

Jake

Comment

I just purchased a DP1500 yesterday (I pick
        it up today). Is this an isolated incident
        or should I print out this topic and tape
        it to my workbench?
        \"I have not failed. I\'ve just found 10,000 ways that won\'t work.\"<br />-Thomas Alva Edison

Comment

I purchased the DP1500 a few months ago and have been very pleased with it. I think the problem he had with the rack is an isolated incident.

Comment

I have found that a little white Lithium lube on racks and gears helps smooth the movement and prolong the life. Doubt it would have prevented the rack breakage, probably an isolated bad part that made it past QC.

Comment

One thing I will warn against guys. Don't crank the table up when the column clamp is tightened. It will just bow out the rack. I myself am gulity of doing this when I was in a hurry.

Jake

Comment

Working...
              X