seriously considering the TS2400. However, a
    recent (June 2005) review of saws in WOOD Magazine
    rated the cut quality of this saw as rather poor
    due to arbor issues. I know there are many happy
    TS2400 owners in this forum--have you observed
    this issue?

Rick J
    Rick J

The arbor issue had to do with making making dado cuts. Aside from that, there was/is no reason why a properly tuned TS2400 would have an issue with the quality of cut anymore than any other saw would if it was not tuned correctly. TS2400 saws with the bad arbors shouldn't be on the shelves any longer unless your HD is very slow in turning over inventory. IIRC, any saw manufactured since April or May won't have the bad arbor.

EDIT: To greatly improve the cut quality on the Ridgid saw and most other saws, replace the OEM blade that comes with the saw.

[ 10-19-2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: BadgerDave ]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've had my TS2400 for a bit over 1 month. Built to furniture projects using it, I'm a hobbist woodworker. I used a DeWalt Construction grade, smooth cut, combination blade (40T ATB) for those projects, with a home made zero clearance insert, and the cut quality was excellant in my opinion. More that good enough to glue up a table top without jointing or hand planing the rip cuts.

I just recently picked up a Freud Glue Line Rip blade and with that blade the cuts look as though they were hand planed.

Cross cuts were of equally good quality with the DeWalt blade.

The cuts with the OEM blade were good, but did have some roughness that traces to the blade, in my opinion.

The saw only needed a small amount of adjustment out of the box to align every thing. Since that initial set up I've not seen any drift of the set up.

As you can tell I'm very pleased with this saw. I choose it over the TS3650 because I have limited space in the garage and even unfolded it has a smaller footprint than the TS3650.
      Dick

Comment

Originally posted by Dick L:
        I've had my TS2400 for a bit over 1 month. Built to furniture projects using it, I'm a hobbist woodworker. I used a DeWalt Construction grade, smooth cut, combination blade (40T ATB) for those projects, with a home made zero clearance insert, and the cut quality was excellant in my opinion. More that good enough to glue up a table top without jointing or hand planing the rip cuts.

I just recently picked up a Freud Glue Line Rip blade and with that blade the cuts look as though they were hand planed.

Cross cuts were of equally good quality with the DeWalt blade.

The cuts with the OEM blade were good, but did have some roughness that traces to the blade, in my opinion.

The saw only needed a small amount of adjustment out of the box to align every thing. Since that initial set up I've not seen any drift of the set up.

As you can tell I'm very pleased with this saw. I choose it over the TS3650 because I have limited space in the garage and even unfolded it has a smaller footprint than the TS3650.
        Everything he said, except I have had my TS2400 for over 2 years. I an using the freud glueline blade also.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
        X