TS-3650 blade wrench

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-3650 blade wrench

I just pick up a used TS-3650 without the blade wrench set. Anyone know where I can buy a set? They’re not on Ridgid parts. Thanx Pat

Re: TS-3650 blade wrench

i'd call ridgid CS (1-800-4ridgid) and just tell them you bought a new 3650 and the wrench(s) was/were missing. every time i've needed a missing part, they've gladly sent it free of charge.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

All you need is a 1-1/16 open end or combination wrench and a leather work glove. Grab the blade with a gloved hand and use the wrench to loosen/tighten the arbor nut. Sears or most any auto parts store should have both.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

BadgerDave's way is how many people have done it for years and it works fine. A small block of wood on the table and pushed into the blade teeth along with the heavy leather glove can help. As for the wrench for the nut you really do not want the crappy stamped ones that come with the saw. Depending on having enough room to work a good combination (open end + box end) wrench should work.

I wish Home Depot near me had this table saw setup. If the arbor has flats, a tappet (very thin head open end wrench) of the proper size could be used to keep the arbor from rotating.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          BadgerDave's way is how many people have done it for years and it works fine. A small block of wood on the table and pushed into the blade teeth along with the heavy leather glove can help. As for the wrench for the nut you really do not want the crappy stamped ones that come with the saw. Depending on having enough room to work a good combination (open end + box end) wrench should work.

I wish Home Depot near me had this table saw setup. If the arbor has flats, a tappet (very thin head open end wrench) of the proper size could be used to keep the arbor from rotating.
          Yes the arbor has flats. On my old Craftsman benchtop, I had no arbor wrench, so I just used a block of wood and a nice big adjustable wrench. Worked fine, but I didn't change the blade on that more than once.

On my 3650, the stamped ones are super convenient and don't pose a problem for me.

For the arbor nut, I would use a closed end one of the right size if you can find it affordably.

That RIDGID parts doesn't have replacements seems like a customer service failure to me. Did you try calling or just the web site?

Comment

See this thread for more
            http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...95&postcount=5
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Just checked the website. I had to partially disassemble the saw to fit it into my Scion XB. Will reassemble this weekend. If I can fit a tappet and/or standard wrench with a dado blade I'll go that route. Thanx

Comment

The stamped wrench striped the corners on the flats of my arbor and I am now using thin vise grip pliers to grab it, but will try a board next time...

Point is, if you can get the tappet, that's the way to go.

Now, do I replace the arbor (saw's under waranty still) or just live with it?

Comment

Working...
                X