Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tablesaw dust collection

anyone have any experience with this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Dust-Collectio...871662&sr=1-33

i just got that delta ap400 that lowes clearanced and am working on attaching the 4" hose to my ridgid 2412 (earlier, less expensive version of the 3650). any comments on the above item or suggestions to achieve this objective are appreciated. i vaguely recall BobD discussing what he did but i can't find the thread that covers those specifics. if he's listening, a public reply would be welcome.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: tablesaw dust collection

Just make sure that it will fit your saw. IIRC, the homemade version of that hood that I built for my 3612 was larger than 12x12. I made mine out of a piece of ply and a toilet closet flange.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

BD....got a picture? did you use a piece of flat plywood between the saw and the stand with a 3" hole in the plywood to which you attached the closet flange?
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        BD....got a picture? did you use a piece of flat plywood between the saw and the stand with a 3" hole in the plywood to which you attached the closet flange?
        No picture but that's pretty much what I did except that I bolted the ply to the inside ledge on the saws bottom not between the saw and the stand. When I bought the closet flange, I took along a small piece of the hose with me and picked out a flange that the outlet side of the closet flange would slide into the hose. HTH.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
        X