Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extreme Birdhouse # 44

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
    Another great Birdhouse. I love to look at them.

Two questions: What is the most frustrating part of building the birdhouses?

And two: In a post where you pictured your TV watching/storage building I think I recall you mentioning you might be able to make plans available. Did you have the chance to draw up any plans? If so can you tell me how I can get a copy and the price?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Hi Tom and thank you , I would have to say the most frustrating part of building them is moving them by myself . They definitely give you a work out.

As far as plans go i really wish i knew how to make them . The first two plans i have were done by my son . He is very capable of making them but he is much too busy with his roofing company to be helping me anymore . My intentions to build that shed was to come up with plans for it . I have all the numbers and info in my head to do it but i don,t have computer skills or sketchup skills to make it happen yet . Same goes with birdhouses , i know 95 % of it in my head . It drives me crazy not to be able to put it on paper yet .
    John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

Awesome work man. How many man hours did you have in this one?
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Thank you Aaron , that is a good question , I would say about seven or eight days if i worked on it 8 hrs a day . Sometimes i only work a hour or two depending on how i feel . Sometimes i get a birdhouse block and i can,t think straight I get too many ideas at once and then get overwhelmed . Sometimes i think too much .
        John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

John.

Birds, while often beautiful, are often dumb. They're not that bright. For example, they eat worms and drink water, when enlightened humans eat steak frites with a nice dubbel to wash it down.

Therefore, it's safe to assume our feathered friends don't appreciate your level of artistry and skill. So you should visit California and build me a studio in my backyard, since I absolutely would.

(Kidding! Well done, sir!)

Comment

Very nice, hope my wife doesn't look over my shoulder and see this or my shop time will take a new direction! How much does it weigh? Glade I'm not close enough to get a come help me a minuet call! Congrats again.

Comment

Thank you ubermick and capehorn3, This house weighs about 3-400 lbs . It is easy to lift when you have a farm tractor . :d It takes about 1 hour to install one safely . One person on the tractor and one person bracing everything together . The most important part is making sure it is sitting straight and centered.

I just found the thread on the nomination page and i just wanted to thank everyone who nominated me . I was wondering what that was all about .
              John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by john from brussels View Post
                Hi everyone , here is my latest Extreme Birdhouse . It is made from 100 year old reclaimed barn wood .This house is 5 ft wide , 7 ft tall and has a built in bird bath in the roof ..
                The railings are all made from 1/4" steel .

A few weeks ago i got a call from Birds and Blooms magazine and they are going to do a two page article on my birdhouses . It will be in the Dec / Jan issue . I am very excited .

Your work is amazing!!!! It does certainly deserve to be featured in the magazine. Thank you so much for including those amazing pictures. Guys like you are my role models. I'm fairly new in woodworking and I love seeing the extraordinary things others make so I can aspire one day to have the skill to be able to make such beautiful things You rock
                "I love vintage projects and have created a space to share them!"
                Free Woodworking Projects

Comment

Thank you WoodworkLady for the very nice compliment. It is greatly appreciated .
                  John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                  X