Can't Buy Ridgid Tools!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Buy Ridgid Tools!!!

Every Ridgid tool I need/want is not carried by my local HD.
    I WANT the WL1200 and the TP1300 Planer.
    What is a guy suppose to do?
    Rob Johnson
    Orange Ca.

[ 02-15-2003, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Backyard Woodworker ]
    Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Try the next HD along the road. Somewhere, somehow, you'll find an HD that carries some stock. Failing that, go to the Special Services desk and get them to bring it in for you.

David

Comment

I did ask the HD desk about the WL. The closest ones were in Utah. They wouldn't bring one in for me. I also tried to trick there web page by typing in a Utah Zip code, but that didn't work.
      I did find a TP on E-Bay, but don't know if I want to chance that.
      Rob Johnson

Comment

Do you ever get up to northern Calif.? Last time I checked, the HDs were still carrying the planner---go figure. The lathe was dropped/closed out, over a year ago in our local HDs. IMHO, though, it isn't one of Rigid's best tools.

I'd try again and see if they can transfer the planner from another store---if they refuse, I'd e-mail Jake to see if he can do something. I wouldn't think Rigid would be prohibited from selling a tool direct, that HD refuses to carry.
        Dave

Comment

Speaking from experience, there are two things you can do to get the tools you want in the HD you shop at. First contact the Department Manager or Store Manager and ask for the item you want to be ordered for you, but be prepared to put it on a will call pickup(pay for it in advance), or contact a special services associate, as them to find one at another store through "Remote Store Lookup" and have it transfered to your store, there again you may need to put it on a will call. If you do not get help ask the Service Desk for the Customer Care (Ben Hill) Hotline phone number, stores hate to be reported to the Ben Hill Dept., and most managers will jump through hoops to avoid it.

Depotdru

Comment

HD can order the planer for you even though it is a stocking item. they can order nearly any tool you can think of from all the major mfgs. I know that they can order the entire PC, Milwaukee, Freud, DeWalt, and Bosch lines, so you may just be getting someone who doesn't want to help. It's been my experience that if you vsit the Pro Desk during normal business hours that you'll find more helpful folks.

IMHO,, the lathe is not worth the expense. I think it has finished last in nearly every mag test I've seen. You may want to save up a few more $4 and go with a mid size lathe with bed extension. These lathes have the more common MT#2 spindle size. (Wl lathe has #1)

Comment

Contact ridgid and tell them why you will not be buying the planer. They need more complaints about
              HD. Maybe they will eventually drop this absurd
              exclusivity agreement.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I live in Rancho Santa Margarita and both local HD have planner in stock. Try the Mission Viejo and Lake Forest stores.

Comment

I was going to try another HD this afternoon, one in Yorba Linda right off the freeway. I was supposed to get off work early, around 1:00 but that turned into 5:00. Once traffic starts, I don't get off the freeway for anything. My local HD says they have the Planer in stock, but can never find them. It's always "The computer says we have three..... but I don't know where they are". I've spent time in the back climbing thru shelves trying to help locate this thing.
                  It's gotten to the point that buying one would take away one of my weekend pastimes, locating the missing Planers.
                  I've dropped the quest for the lathe. Have been looking at Delta and Jet.
                  Rob Johnson
                  Orange Ca.

Comment

Working...
                  X