X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find Johnson's Wax?

I have a TS2424 and am starting to see a little rust on the table top. I would like to stop this before it gets out of hand.

I have read several places that the best product for preventing rust is Johnson's Floor Wax or Johnson's Pastewax. Are these the same? Where can I get them?

I thought this would be the easy part of woodworking [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here (Dallas, Texas) it is found in the furniture and floor care section of the supermarket. I have heard that it is more of less easy to find in different parts of the country.

If you can't track down Johnson's specifically, Minwax furniture wax, Butcher's, other "pure" waxes perform about the same.

Dave

Comment

You can also use any automotive wax as long as it does not contain silicon. The silicon will get into the wood and interfear with your finish.

Jake

Comment

try Lowes in the cleaning supply section

Comment

Sheesh. Took me forever to find this stuff. 3 grocery store chains, 3 hardware stores, K-mart, Wal-mart, on and on and on. People must not wax their floors here in Michigan.

Point is, I finally found it and can't wait to protect my table saw. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X