X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman contractor table saw

I have the 113.299510 Contractor Table Saw it has the Arbor that is not the same diameter over the whole length.

I understand that Ridgid may have a replacement shaft that fits this saw that is the same diameter over the whole length.

I sent an E-mail last week to Ridgid & followed up with a phone call this week & left a message for I believe it was either an engineer or product manager.

I consider this a kind of test for Ridgid.

I was informed on another forum that Ridgid had a fix like this for another persons Craftsman saw but don't know & wasn't able to find out if it was the same model.

There are some tools that Ridgid makes that are on my list to purchase, but like I said this is a test to see if I at least get an answer.

So far I have not received a E-mail or phone call.

I would like a fix for this problem but if they don't have a fix I can understand that.

So I am just waiting for that E-mail or phone call.....

[ 05-07-2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: The Original Bart ]
    Darn I\'ve stretched this board 3 times & it\'s still to short.

This subject has come up frequently. While you should have received an answer, as I understand it, Ridgid shies away from selling their parts for Sears tools, even though they did make them. I think it's a contractuial issue.

Anyway, before I'd read about this, I'd sent off for the arbor assembly (includes the housing, bearings and arbor, all assembled) from Sears for $65.00 plus shipping, for my 1989 saw, which was starting to show signs of bearing wear.

After reading about the differences---sure enough, the old arbor wasn't even----however the new shaft, on the one from Sears, was the same diameter.

Figure you'll probably just have to order from Sears.
    Dave

Comment

Common decency & good manners would dictate that Ridgid at least call or E-mail & say that they don't have the part I am looking for.

Comment

Well----I'd have to agree, but the reality is that a lot of times companies with overall good products and good customer service screw up. But, I think the answer I gave you is what Ridgid would have said. I'd simply order the arbor assembly from Sears----if you can't get it from them, for some reason, I'd go back to Ridgid.
        Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave

I think I'll just go with the new Router bits I purchased. 9 bits 1 each 1/4 1/2 3/4 & then 1 each oversized for Melamine & 1 each undersized for plywood. For approximatly $43

Then a few years from now I purchase a Grizzly G1023SL Grizzly

Yep I think that a pretty good saw.

[ 05-07-2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: The Original Bart ]

Comment

Bart, I'd hang in there and see if you do get a response, although I'm sure that Daveferg hit the nail on the head when he suggested that they will tell you to go to Sears. I had a similar experience however in my case I took the chance and ordered the parts from Ridgid anyway (not the arbor by the way).

I us the internet a lot in research for my job, it has been my experience that whomever the questions are e-mailed to, does not always have just that job to do, so sometimes I get an immediate response and sometimes it's a week or two, for the most part I can not recall never receiving a response. One took almost a month but I did get one, and they say the internet is faster than the US Mail.

Considering the fact that I should know who answers general mail to the company I work for I don't, for all I know we have a mailbox full of general info requests, (hmmmmm maybe I should check into that).

Update this if you get a response, maybe it was Jakes job and the new guy hasn't started yet or is still trying to get to this part of his job????

Dave
            It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

Comment

Working...
            X