X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new homework assignment!

OK, looked at the pricing of the new tools on line. The prices are up there on a few things, so what are they actually selling for in the store?

The new 3650 is listed at $60 more than the 3612 was.

Bandsaw is $35 cheaper at $415 but still does not come with any goodies.

DP1550 is $50 more. At $299, it was a great choice, hands down. Now at $50 more, one starts looking at Jet and Delta.

The lathe was a joke at $299, and now that the same item is $350, it is not even worth discussing. The bed isn't stable enough, it takes a #1MT vs the more standard #2 and a Jet or Delta midi lathe with extension does a better job for less.

Jointer is listed at $469, an increase of $20

12" CMS listed at $349, an increase of $50. I saw a flyer though for $299

14.4 and 18v 3/8" drills are listed for $182 and $223 respectively. while the 1/2" versions fo the 12v, 14.4, and 18v are $173, $215, and $278.

Last, what's with teh $125 price on the charger. For $125, I bought a DeWalt radio/charger that does a whole lot more than just charge batteries.

Based on the $50 price diference of the 12" CMS, I'm assuming that prices will be lower in stores, so if you know what some of the price points are, please share them.

You probably will need to wait until the tools are actually available before the real sell prices become known. I've seen two different prices so far on the 10" CMS w/laser and there was a $50 difference between the two.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I was in my local HD yesterday and they had the 3650 on display. The price was 597.00, the same as the 3612. I spent some time looking over the saw and was really liked the looks of it.

Comment

Working...
      X