router table insert for table saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• router table insert for table saw

I am looking to install a router table insert into my TS3612. I know there are several kinds out there. Mule, Benchdog and Rockler all sell them. I was wondering in your peoples opinion what the best one is. Price is not a huge concern as long as I get what I pay for.

Thank you
    Tim

Tim89s,
    I have the Mule router table you were inquiring about...
    While I will start off by saying it is not the best table out there it is not the worst either... I got the table about 3 or 4 months ago and it has worked pretty well so far... It was not your normal hurry up and bolt it together model with detailed instructions. You must figure some of it out yourself... They didn't expound any in the instruction on hole placement...
    For a basic budget table it is very good but if your going to run the heck out of your router table, I would look to something better... The router removes very easy and installs the same; It is easy to change bit above the table. The miter gage slot is fair... It is on the end of the table and is a little flimsy... You don't put a lot of pressure on the miter slot but I excepted it to be stiffer than it is... It sits attached by only screws in the under side... Mule calls this style of attaching the 5/8" MDF to the frame work as underpinning... This underpinning also is the way the other 3 side attach to the MDF... Sounds pretty sturdy and sophisticated but its really not any thing fancy...
    The router plate comes with inserts in it and must be drilled by the end user and attached to the router... It is a do or die deal... You only get one shot to speak of unless you want to rotate the plate and re-drill it again for a mistake... The plate is square and will fit any of the 4 directions...

I feel this is an excellent router table for the $129.00 including shipping that I paid for it, and the amount of attention I give it... As I progress in my woodworking skills I will likely either get a dedicated table one day or a shaper... I will always keep this table thou with the Freud FT2000EP installed in it... The Mule is half the price of the Benchdog and about $40 to $50 less than the Rockler... I would have bought the Rockler if they would have offered a pre-drilled plate for the FT2000E and a built in miter slot from the factory... It looks to be a nice table too for the money...

Here is a picture of my table in the Ridgid TS2424LS with the fence rails slid to the right as a 3612...
    If you have other questions about the table or want my hole layouts I would be glad to assist you...

[ 06-10-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Big Johnson ]
    Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

I have the set-up as Big Johnson.
      I second everything he said
      Steve

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments. I chose to with a router table instead of the insert.

Comment

Working...
        X