X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference in 0610 and 06101 jointer

I just purchase a used jointer, model 06101. It came with a 0610 manual. I went online and found a 06101 manual. Things are on different pages, so I have started wondering just what is the difference between the two models?
    "non illegitimis carborundum"

Re: difference in 0610 and 06101 jointer

I posted this question on the 12th. There have been no replys. I suppose no one of the 75 who have read this post know the answer. My question is: do the people who work for Ridgid read these posts? If so, why have they not posted an answer? Indifference, or, even worse, they don't know the answer?

Comment

I'm only guessing here but possibly the difference is the 0610 was the model number of the old grey Emerson made jointer and the 06101 is the orange TTI made jointer.

As far as the forum is concerned, it's more for the members to interact with each other and not really intended to be a Q&A format for RIDGID corporate. Josh and ProBrand are two Ridgid employees that do hang out here and they do provide a link to RIDGID but don't field tech type questions on a regular basis. That's what Ridgid Customer Service is all about, why not call them and asked them to explain the difference?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for your reply BadgerDave.

Comment

Ok dumb question here but if you have one manual and you found the other manual on line why don't you just download it and read the two of them together and see what the differences are?

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to sound like an @@@ but I'm sure a lot of people that have read this thread are thinking this. Unlike some of the other forums I go to, manly ones for computers the people here are to nice to say rtfm
          http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

Jtrdavnick:

There are no dumb questions. The only thing dumb is to have a valid question and be hesitant about posting it, being fearful that someone might make fun of it. As to why I did not download the 0601 manual and compare. That is first thing I thought of. I did not want to expend the paper, the ink, and the time to compare the two manuals line by line. I hoped that someone might have a short, cogent answer, as did badgerdave, and I thanked him for it.

Comment

LaFlaone, I was one of the 75 that viewed the thread and never replied. I have the JP06101. As far as I know, BD is correct in that the older model 06100 is the grey one and the 101 is the orange one. I don't actually remember what the manual model # is, and I went out of town before I could check it.

It's a fair question, and I'm glad BD was able to give you an answer. I hope everyone here is comfortable enough to post whatever questions they have. I say that for a particularly selfish reason in that I will post some real silly questions from time to time, and I have enough confidence in the people here that I won't get flamed, and I'll get an answer.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

VASandy, Thanks for your thoughtful reply. At age 66, I am long past worrying about whether someone is going to poke fun at a question I might have. If I have what I consider to be a valid question, I will post it. What concerns me is the occasional superior attitude and sarcasm that I see in forums. I suppose that's just human nature. I just hope it doesn't prevent the new guys from asking for advice and help.

Comment

Working...
                X