Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally Unrelated, But Need Help Anyway!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Unrelated, But Need Help Anyway!!

Sorry for posting this here, but I knew it would get a good viewing... besides, you may end up helping more people than just me. My question is:

How the heck can I get my Internet Explorer Bar to show the web address field? To clarify, this is the field where I can directly type in WWW.SOMEWEBSITEINEED.COM... does anyone know how to do this? One day I went to use the net and the field had disappeared. No amount of menu-dropping and fiddling seems to get it back. The only way I can access a site is to first do a Google search then click on whatever site comes up. Thanks for your indulgence in this off-topic post but I would sure like to get this fixed so can use the net more efficiently. Thanks! Greg Nold

VIEW, TOOLBARS, ADDRESS BAR

Comment

Thanks Woodslayer, but I have tried this. All that happens is that I get a grayed-out word saying 'Address' to appear just below the waving windows logo in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If I go to view-toolbar-address bar and uncheck the box, the grayed out word disappears. If I check the box, the grayed-out word appears. Any ideas on how to regain my address bar? As I said, I have been screwing with this off and on over the last few weeks with no success... driving me nuts! Thanks if you have any ideas!
      Greg Nold

Comment

Greg

Try clicking view, uncheck "lock the toolbars" if checked, and click on where it says address and drag it to your desired location.

Hope that works

Woodslayer

Comment

Bingo!! Thanks much Woodslayer...unlocking the toolbar did it. Thanks again.. nice to have my address field back again!

Greg Nold

Comment

Working...
          X