X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ms1250lz brake problem

Any ideas on how I could fix this??? I have replaced the brushes to no avail. The blade is tight but the brake does not work. thanks for the help...

rj

Re: ms1250lz brake problem

Is the laser washer installed on the saw? I had trouble with the brake on my Ridgid miter saw because the nut and laser washer had worked itself loose over time and the blade would continue to spin. Try using the original washer if this is the case and that may solve the problem otherwise you may need to contact Ridgid to find a service center that is nearby.

Comment

Let's be sure we understand the problem better. When the saw is running and you release the trigger, exactly what happens?

A) Motor and blade coast to a stop but don't stop fast anymore.

B) Motor stops quickly but blade spins on arbor shaft

C) Other __________

If it's (A) more than likely it's an electrical problem and burned switch contacts come to mind. It could be a connection came apart too. To stop the motor quickly when the trigger is released the motor windings are shorted. Be cause of residual magnesium the motor for a very short time acts like a shorted generator. This is why you'll see sparking of the brushes.

A test you can do with a helper. With the saw running keep the trigger held but have your helper pull the plug from the receptacle (outlet). This cuts power but doesn't activate the electric brake. The tool should coast to a stop but not stop as fast as letting go of the trigger. Then try the normal way of releasing the trigger. You should notice a big difference.

Quick question: How old is this saw? If almost new and you have the sales receipt try to swap it for a new one at Home Depot. If you've had it for some time, this link should take you to where you can enter your ZIP code and find service centers in your area. http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp...enters&Code=PT
      Last edited by Woussko; 09-15-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

the blade coasts to a stop either way. looking at the schematic, it seems as though this part is not working...see pict below.

thanks

rj
        Attached Files

Comment

I think your best bet would be to locate a service center in your area and have them check it over and repair it.

Comment

Working...
          X