New TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New TS3650

Bert, another good thing to cover the top with next time you wax is Boeshield T9. It's a great anti-rust treatment. I've found wax lasts about 3 months, so I started using the Boeshield. That lasts at least a year. I wax on top of the Boeshield to get the nifty slippy surface. SC Johnson's is the only wax I use in the shop.

I use my blade guard every single chance I can. It's easy to remove and reinstall, now that I've got it dialed in. To not use the guard is simply being lazy and you really should start using it!! I don't want to sound mean, but I hope it drives the message home that the guard is there to HELP you.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

vasandy I used the T9 then did a small area with Johnsons. The Johnsons doesn't seem to want to come off even when I buff it very hard. When the light hits the top just right I can see the wax lines. I bought the saw used so I stripped the top with the T9 rust and stain remover first. Are you and/or any others having the same issue? Thanks Pat

Comment

PMR413 I used the Johnsons wax and I have the same thing happen. If you look across the top in the light you can see wax lines. I thouht about putting the saw in the sun for a few min to get the top warm so the wax would melt. When I put the Turtle wax on it was like glass but that stuff most likely has silicone in it. I have put 4 coats of Johnsons on now. I think I am going to try the wax after it has been warmed in the sun and is softer.

Comment

Beings its a tool, I am not too concerned about wax lines showing, but I do not want wax transferring to my work. I buff mine with a piece of old sweat shirt under the hook & loop pad of my ROS (random orbital sander). It buffs it to a shine quickly.

Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
            Beings its a tool, I am not too concerned about wax lines showing, but I do not want wax transferring to my work. I buff mine with a piece of old sweat shirt under the hook & loop pad of my ROS (random orbital sander). It buffs it to a shine quickly.

Go
            I've used the same trick Go, works great. Maybe you mentioned it here before and that's where I picked it up, I don't recall, but I've been doing it since not long after I got my TS.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

That is a good idea I have the small Dewalt with the clips, but I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by bert304 View Post
                ... I will most likely get a Freud blade from Home Depot because I live 3 blocks from one. What is a good tooth count on a blade? The one that came with the saw is 40 teeth.
                You'd cover a wider range of applications if you could swing two blades. Freud has an excellent 60 tooth thin kerf blade that will give cleaner cuts, and is better in plywood and crosscuts than a 40T, but will still handle ripping tasks up to about 1-1/2" thick, which covers alot of common materials...the LU88R010, Diablo D1060X, or Avanti TK406 should be available near you. Then add a 24 tooth thin kerf ripper for very thick stock....that blade willl allow you to rip to full blade height if necessary, and will spare your motor and your better blade....the LU87R010 is an excellent ripper. Those two blades in tandem should cover about 99% of whatever you might encounter, plus you'll still have the stock blade for "junk boards". The Ridgid Titanium blades are made by Freud and are very similar the Diablo and Avanti series....buy the better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  I've used the same trick Go, works great. Maybe you mentioned it here before and that's where I picked it up, I don't recall, but I've been doing it since not long after I got my TS.
                  I didn't originate it and probably picked up the tip here on this forum! Works though!

Go
                  Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
                  X