X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2424 Table Saw Review

After using my 2424 Ridgid Table Saw for about 6 months here is my thoughts on it. This is the sixth saw I have owned. I have owned a 60’s Craftsman 10”, a Rockwell Unisaw, a 12” Wadkin, a Robland X-31 combination machine and a Ryobi 3000 (which I still own.) I wouldn’t compare the Ridgid with the heavy duty commercial machines for power or features, but for bang for the buck, mobility and ease of repair it stacks up very well.

Fence 8 of 10 This is a pretty good fence. I expected less after reading all the whining about it.
    Mobility System 10 of 10 I want a Herculift on all my tools!
    Throat Plate 2 of 10 Too much flex in stock plate and hard to make your own…and why is that screw so long!
    Power 10 of 10 Awesome for a 110 1 ½ hp motor! So what if it isn’t TEFC.
    Blade Raising Mechanism 7 of 10 Fairly smooth, wish it went down about 1/2” lower. Never had a problem with lack of locking mechanism.
    Blade tilt Mechanism 7 of 10 Works well but gauge is flimsy.
    Dust Collection 1 of 10 Weakest link of a very good tool.
    Ease of Adjustments 9 of 10 Easy to get to everything.
    Customer Support 10 of 10 Great warranty, Great website support.
    Assembly instructions 10 of 10 Excellent video and manual.

I'm on board with you on all except the long screw on the insert. I like it because it works well with my shopmade zero clearance insert. Have moved my rails to the right to get 38" capacity. We do need to make a removable cover for the back to aid dust collection.
    Also, the stops for the 90 deg & 45 deg are soft and pretty much unusable for me (use square to check/set these).

Comment

Butcher,

The 45º and 90º stops themselves are very solid, its the crank itself that is soft. What I tell people when they ask how to tell they have hit the stop. Crank the blade adjustment until you feel increased tension on the wheel, then only turn it a 1/4 - 1/2 turn further. Once you hit the stop, you are only bowing the side of the housing and not moving the carriage any more.

Jake

Comment

I pop-riveted a couple pieces of scrap angle iron inside the cabinet by the tilt handwheel (from top to bottom). It really stiffens the cabinet side and makes the mechanism more solid.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X