X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip

Not sure how many of you plumbers or electricians out there know about this, but a lot of new houses use the TGI's. While not widely known I guess, everyone seems to either knock out the holes in them (which never line up, thanks carpenters!) or use a forstner bit, auger bit, or hole saw. Yea sure, they make a hole, but do you know what's faster? As an electrician we drill a TON more holes then you plumbers, sure not always in as straight of a line, but never the less, a lot more. With that being said, in many of the remodels that we do in (even some new homes) we use our Lithium 24volt Rigid drills and... a step bit. The cordless drill is lighter to use then a hole hawg, and fits nicely between the joists. The bit itself also rips through those tgi's and theres usually just a fine powder left on the floor. I've noticed that on a lot of jobs, the plumbers are dragging out all those corded tools for drilling their small holes in the tgi's. Just thought I'd pass this along. Knowing this has sped up our time drilling holes through those framing members and maybe it'll help you guys since you tend to drill smaller holes for your hot/cold lines.

Re: Tip

Originally posted by Badabing View Post
    (which never line up, thanks carpenters!)
    Your welcome....

As if Electricians never have any faults.....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thank-you for sharing.
      It's nice we're seeing more and more electricians joining the forum.I while back I had a few electrical questions and wished we had a few more Electricians.Nice to see the count coming up.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Badabing View Post
        maybe it'll help you guys since you tend to drill smaller holes for your hot/cold lines.
        what about waste..?

Comment

Dont you know we do that just to mess with you.
          http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
            Your welcome....

As if Electricians never have any faults.....
            He was kidding Right ???

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
              what about waste..?
              you find me a 4" step bit and i'll start drilling holes with it too!

Comment

Thanks for all the info.Badabing.,its well appreciated.I'm new here.Just joine to learn from the PRO's.Keep it up..

handyman

Comment

Working...
                X