TS-3650 dust collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS-3650 dust collection

I'm in the process of closing up the cabinet on my saw. Putting 3/4" mdf in the bottom and 1/4" mdf on the rear with openings for the motor mount and belt and the blade guard asm. My question is does anyone have thoughts about removing the factory dust port and just putting a 4" dust port in the bottom mdf board underneath the blade. I primarily do 90 degree cuts but the rear cover will be removable for doing angle cuts when needed. Thanks Pat

Re: TS-3650 dust collection

My TS3612 and earlier models don't have the dust shroud like the 3650 and 3660 have. My setup is similar to what you're proposing to do and it works very well. I do still get some sawdust on the top of my saw, even with ZCI's, but overall dust collection is very good with this setup.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I'd like to see a picture of your final design. I don't have that saw right now but I'm seriously thinking about geting it. My current saw is setup that way and I like it. I don't like or feel it necessay to turn on my dust collector every time I make a cut so an emtyable bin below the saw works great. Then with a port (anywhere) on the bin the dust collector can be turned on for extended cuts like ripping. that solves the problem of cutoff pieces pluging things up also. PS my jointer is also just emtyable bin arranged. Dust collection is an absolute necessity on my planer and shaper, usually on router table, helpful on cutoff saw and bench sander. Also if anyone out there has pictures of their router setup on the TS-3650 I'd sure appreciate seeing them as I would do that too.

Comment

I would like to see your final pictures too.

Here's a past thread that may be useful:
        http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14420

There's some really good ideas here.

Comment

here's the thread showing how I closed the back and bottom of my saw. I ended up leaving the blade shroud on as someone had stated a possible safety issue with removing it. I then mounted a Rockler dust port at the rear so I could still tilt the the blade without removing the bottom enclosure. I still have to remove the back enclosure when tilting the blade. Pat

Comment

Working...
          X