X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD price match on TP1300

I saw on www.homedepot.com they are selling the TP1300 planer online for $350.00. The store locations have them for 379.00. I wonder if HD will match that price. Of course they also hit you for 44.00 shipping online, but if its their own company price I would think they would meet that price. Has anyone tried this out at HD? Well hurry up and try before the end of the month and then post back with your results! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Chris

Chris - Just a guess, but I'm thinking they'll match only the delivered price. If that's the case and that's the planer you want, get it HD where you've got support.

Comment

Per my wife (Special Services employee at HD): HD stores will match the $349 price, IF you have the printed-out page (showing the item and price)from the HD website.

Comment

brantstx,

Thanks for the info. Now if I can get lucky and find a cooperative associate such as your wife in the store, my desire for a deal can be satisfied. Not quite the 20% off, but closer.

Thanks,
        Chris

I hope HD starts to peddle more of the Ridgid tools online, especially the accessories. That has to be easier than supplying all 400,000,000,000 stores.

Comment

Talked to people at HD today. No deal on matching the internet price. They said it was a separate deal that had nothing to do with retail locations. It sounds sounds like a good way to irritate customers unnescesarily. So off to get the Delta planer at Lowes who will match Woodworkers supply price.
          Chris

Comment

Sorry it didn't work out, Chris. My wife still maintains that her store has matched HD internet prices in the past, and will do so in the future. Someone is wrong, but I'm not sure who. Hope you're happy with the Delta- I've heard nothing but good things about it. I decided to go for the new DeWalt- haven't used it yet (too cold here), but I'm expecting great things.

Comment

Have you looked for last years model (grey, not the new orange)? In my area they are being closed out at $329.

Comment

Looks like it is a manager decision. I noticed this difference as well and call up one HD location and asked. They said no. I then printed up the homedepot.com page for the TP1300 and went down another HD. I also had one of this 10% coupons too. I asked them to match they price and they did. Then I said, "oh yeah I have this 10% coupon too." Basically got the $379 TP1300 for $315. So if you strike out at one store try another.

Comment

I work at Home Depot, and the policy is to match internet pricing but not give the extra 10% off. If they are not price matching for you ask to speak to a manager. You will probably speak to an assistant store manager. If you are not satisfied with the assistant, ask to speak to the store manager. They should match the price. If not go to the next closest Home Depot to you. A lot of associates in the stores don't always know the policies or don't want to price match. Be firm and you'll get the discount.

Comment

Working...
                  X