filler for the nail holes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filler for the nail holes

Years ago I found some wood filler in the form of powder in my grandfathers woodshop. You mixed the color of stain to be used for finishing with the powder to create the filler. It worked wonderfully on most all woods and stains. I moved since and somewhere along the road I lost the container it came in and cannot for the life of me remember the name. I have been kicking myself in the backside every since. I am hoping against all odds that maybe one of you might know of such a product and where to get some.

Thanks,
    Blake
    FVF
    Thanks,<br /><br />W. Blake<br /><br />FLATHEADFOOS.COM

I can think of two----Durhams and an old one---Weldwood or similar name.
    Dave

Comment

Do you know of a retailer that I could get either one of those products you mentioned?
      Thanks,<br /><br />W. Blake<br /><br />FLATHEADFOOS.COM

Comment

your local hardware store or lumber yard most likely.

Comment

Stain Putty. At HD's and some Ace Hardware stores. It is in a brown/white plastic tub. Usually near the wood glues and other fillers.
          Mac<P>Problems are opportunities in disguise

Comment

Blake,

Sounds like what you were using was an Aniline Powder Stain (Dye). These have been around forever and generally used by professionals. Today, there are Blend Al powders which are more versatile and can be mixed with most finishing chemicals to tint or even make stains. You can mix them with wood fill to make color wood fill. You also can use fil sticks for holes and small dents. Mohawk Finishing Products makes them in about 100 different colors.

Comment

Working...
            X