Useless Dueker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Dueker

Whats with this guy? Been over a month since he replaced our beloved Jake, and he's made 2 posts. Not a good beginning, considering all the questions we have right now. Someone even gave him a 5 star rating.(probably himself) How about it "bdueker"
    modelmaker

[ 05-28-2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: modelmaker ]
    Buy American....if you can

I suspect either a gag order is afoot....or he just can't hang!
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I suspect that he is gone, or waiting to be told what to say next.

Comment

I agree with the Gag order. I'm would certainly guess that he has been told not to say anything.

Funny thing is that he has probably been told not to say anything because it might "scare off" customers. However, by not saying anything, they are making things even worse.
        Mark

Comment

RIDGID's silence to me is an indication that whatever deal they are working on isn't a done deal yet. If commitments were already made and contracts signed, what could they possibly gain by staying silent?
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

BD-
            What they gain is not as important as what they are losing by not responding.
            I DO believe that this is a done deal, or else Emerson would never have announced that they were done with WW tools.

[ 05-28-2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: douggage ]

Comment

I for one am done buying from companies like this. I have a Ridgid table saw that I do like, but I have a Delta bandsaw and Drill press and a Jet Lathe that I like very much too. And I'm sure that I can get parts for them and they are sold everywhere. Ridgid does have the lifetime warranty but I'm no longer sure what that is worth anymore.

Comment

Let's stop bashing the help. Being around corporate execs all my life the workers either don't know what is going on or were told to keep their mouths shut until an announcement is made from on high.

I do think that Emerson/Ridgid dropped the ball on this one. Just because they have MBA's doesn't mean the have the common sense God gave a goat! Give me the every day down in the trenches worker and their ideas and I'll give you a company that is lean mean fighting machine!

Why these execs can't control the situation and let this formum know where things stand is beyond me, but again these are the highly paid, highly educated brown nosers.

Bucko

Comment

Then the help should let the execs know what we think. How about it Mr. Deuker ? Can you do that ?
                  ( still think he is gone... )

Comment

I agree with Bucko's statement "Let's stop bashing the help". I (and hopefully others) don't really blame this on Bob. I'm sure he has orders on what he can and cannot say. However, as our appointed "Ambassador" he is the obvious person to ask these questions.
                    Mark

Comment

Then what good is someone who will just forward marketing hype and blow corporate smoke?
                      I bought a Ridgid table saw because they had a great product, great warranty and great support. Now the support is starting to look like the distributing medimum, Home Depot. I'm going to keep the saw, but my other purchases will be elsewere. It looks like Ridgid is now the same as some other mid-priced tool companies.

Comment

Then what good is someone who will just forward marketing hype and blow corporate smoke?

I couldn't agree more WM5E. The "stop bashing the help" logic, doesn't get it with me. I want Jake back!
                        modelmaker
                        Buy American....if you can

Comment

I wonder what jake is up to?
                          Andy B.

Comment

Crying over reading what his work has come too.
                            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Hello guys! Been busier than all get out and haven't been on line for about a month. The scary thing is there is no new info on Ridgid. From what I just read on bdeuker, mum is the word.

Nothing new, or concrete on the business announcement of ceasing their own mfg. of Ridgid tools, huh?

Oh well from what most of you are feeling I too see a sleeping giant sliding off of the edge of a cliff and it is still a long drop even if he is huge.

Remember, its not the fall that kills but the sudden stop at the bottom........

happy woodworking guys

Comment

Working...
                              X