X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After Market Miter Gauge and Rip Fence

sefstrom...there was another posting about the fence and its vertical squareness to the cast iron table top. someone posted a photo showing the fence was deformed and did not stand at a 90 deg angle relative to the cast iron table top. to my knowledge, there is no adjustment for this. the only adjustment i believe the fence is capable of is to be parallel to the miter gauge slots and the blade.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I have the Osborne EB3 and feel that it is one of the best investments I have made. I have not used the others but I think the EB3 is great.

Comment

So how about rail extensions for the Rip Fence?

I like the factory rip fence, but I do a lot of full plywood sheets and the rails just aren't long enough for the job.

Anybody know of a rail extension for this type of fence or should I just look at replacing this fence with another one?

Comment

Originally posted by sefstrom View Post
          Hi,

Has anybody purchased either a miter gauge or rip fence to replace the original equipment on the TS3660? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sefstrom
          Osborne EB3, won't find a better one for the money. $109.00 on their website
          Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

Originally posted by blind bill View Post
            For what it's worth, I have an Osborne F3 mitre gage and fence and it works great. The Ridgid rip fence can't be beat at any price in my judgement.

Blind Bill
            You may change your mind if you break the handle or bend the rails.

Comment

I have purchased a TS3650 without the rails but has the fence. I was holding out looking for some TS3650 rails but no such luck yet. I have the Incra V27 Miter gauge which I really like but is on the low-end.

I have also checked into purchasing the Delta T2 Fence & Rail setup ($149) from Rockler for the TS3650 but was wondering if I should do something else.

Do you guys have any thoughts?

Thanks

Bob R

Comment

Working...
              X