Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Market Miter Gauge and Rip Fence

Hi,

Has anybody purchased either a miter gauge or rip fence to replace the original equipment on the TS3660? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sefstrom

Re: After Market Miter Gauge and Rip Fence

OEM fence is accurate. I have the Osborne EB3 miter gauge and am pleased with it.
    Steve.

Comment

After struggling with getting the miter gauge to stay locked I bought an Incra and have been very happy with it.

As it turns out I wasnt tightening the stock miter guage correctly.

Comment

+1 for the Incra. I choose the 1000SE.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          +1 for the Incra. I choose the 1000SE.
          I too have the Incra and give it a thumbs up.

Dave, I see you have a new career started
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Ditto with Steve:

I have found no problems with the rip fence, but have also purchased the Osborne EB3 and also am very pleased with that upgrade. I did put a longer fence on the stock miter gauge but got too much flex for it to stay accurate. The replacement is solid and can be calibrated to the particular saw. I have not used the Incra or Kreg systems, so cannot comment on them.

Depending on your use (i.e. If you consistently cut large panels) you may decide a fence is the priority, but for most usage, I would upgrade the miter gauge first. I frequently rip thick long boards (edging sawmill 8"+ 8/4 lumber, etc), and have not had a problem with the fence. The leverage from ripping a large plywood panel, however, may cause it to move. I precut plywood panels with a circular saw, tho, so have not had that problem.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

My son gave me the Keg mitre system and I have been very pleased with it.

Comment

Also a 1000SE user, and happy.

Comment

I have the 1000SE from Incra and love it. The Osborne EB3 is also a nice miter gauge, but I've never used one. I don't know enough about the Kreg to comment on it. Kreg has a very good name, and the aftermarket things I've bought for my band saw work very well.

The rip fence on the 3650 works great for me, I see no need to replace it. Personally, that fence was one of the main reasons I got the 3650 when I did. It's a solid fence that moves smoothly and locks down very securely. I like the tracks in it that allow me to add on things.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    Dave, I see you have a new career started
                    Always look for new opportunities, that's my motto.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

For what it's worth, I have an Osborne F3 mitre gage and fence and it works great. The Ridgid rip fence can't be beat at any price in my judgement.

Blind Bill

Comment

I've been waiting & waiting on this decision and finally "pulled the trigger."

The Incra 1000se is on sale now at Amazon for $105 and you get a free 24" Incra Miter Slider (discount given at checkout if both items on same order). Plus, free shipping! Just ordered mine, but I'll have to wait a few weeks because of free shipping.

-O&B

Comment

The Incra and Osborne are two very popular miter gauge choices. The Kreg, Jessem, and Woodhaven would also be good choices IMO.

I've read about several adding a Biesemeyer fence to the 3650. Others have added the Delta T2 and Vega, which are both very good and are excellent values as well. Just about any standard size aftermarket fence should fit. Even though many like the Ridgid stock fence, there are some advantages to going with a fence with steel rails for strength.
                          Last edited by hewood; 10-09-2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

EB-3 Purchase/Rip fence

Hi all,

I just purchased the EB-3. Anxious to try it out. Has anyone checked the TS 3660 fence squareness to the table? I did and found it not so plumb. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated (I am a beginner).

Thanks.

Seftrom

Comment

Look in the instructions, but if memory serves, the 4 hex screws at the head of the fence monitor fence alignment.
                              Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X