X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Woodworker II

In the last 8 days I picked up two suppose to be new Forest Woodworker II table saw blades from my local Woodcraft store. The first was definitely used the label was so worn you could hardly read it; the second appears to have some wear marks on the sides, some rust spots and is wrapped in Saran Wrap. My question is for those who have bought one of these. How are these package from Forest and do they look as new as a blade I would see at HD and other big box stores? Thanks for any info…Pat

Re: Forest Woodworker II

I ordered a wwII a few months ago from Amazon and when I got it It looked as if it had been used. I sent it back and the replacement wasn't packaged any better and there were stain marks on the blade. I don't think it was used and I kept it. It has worked fine. The labeling on the saw blade was in perfect shape. They may have just been in stock a long time.

Comment

Forrest's markings can often look faded even when new. Rust can also happen. Does it look like there is residue marks on the teeth? Forrest's sharpening process is excellent, but they're graphics and asthetics are on the crude side IMO. Try them and see how they cut.

Comment

Forrest's markings can often look faded even when new. Rust can also happen. Does it look like there is residue marks on the teeth? Forrest's sharpening process is excellent, but they're graphics and asthetics are on the crude side compared to Infinity and Freud. Try them and see how they cut.

Comment

I got one from Amazon. It looked new when I got it, it was clean and rust free, lettering was good.
          If you are buying one from a store open the package at the store and make sure you are satisfied with the condition.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I posted on another forum also, someone posted a pic of a new blade just out of the envelope. The 2nd blade i picked up does have the factory wax/protectant around the teeth soooo I guess it should be OK. I also wondered if others came wrapped in Saran wrap???

Comment

Forrest Manufacturing Company, Inc.
              457 River Road
              Clifton, NJ 07014
              Phone: (973) 473-5236 or (800) 733-7111
              FAX: (973) 471-3333

Maybe you can call or write them about this. I have a feeling that some if not all
              the blades have been used or opened before you received them.
              Last edited by Woussko; 10-12-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I called Forrest this morning talked to tech support I described my second blade to him, he said it sounds like a new blade. The letter G is in marker on the side he said that sometimes when one of their guys will handle the blade they will mark their initial. Also offered to replace it if I wanted that or try it first if I want, so at this point I will give it a try and see how it cuts. Thanks again for all the info everyone....

Comment

If you can do so get under a good light and take a magnifying glass and study the teeth. When cleaned up they should be very smooth and sharp. If used you should see some wood gum-pitch and a little wear on them. Also look at both sides of the blade. Are there any scratches or scoring marks? If yes, it's a used blade.

Most likely Forrest needs to get into better handling and packaging of their blades. I haven't purchased any so I can't say what to expect.

Comment

The teeth look good and blade cuts good. Forgot to mention the blades have a manufactor number on them, when I gave it to Forrest tech support he said that the number is a very recent blade number.

Comment

Originally posted by pmr413 View Post
                      the teeth look good and blade cuts good. Forgot to mention the blades have a manufacture number on them, when i gave it to forrest tech support he said that the number is a very recent blade number.
                      good

Comment

Working...
                      X