X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dado setup

i've got a ts3660 and am looking for a dado setup. it's only going to be for occasional use and was wondering what's the best bang for the buck. rarely would it be used on anything thicker than 3/4" stock.

thanks,
    jd

Re: dado setup

Originally posted by jd1318 View Post
    i've got a ts3660 and am looking for a dado setup. it's only going to be for occasional use and was wondering what's the best bang for the buck. rarely would it be used on anything thicker than 3/4" stock.

thanks,
    jd
    I'm happy with the Freud SD206.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      I'm happy with the Freud SD206.
      Me too.

Comment

I've used the Freud SD206, it's easy to set up and easy to use. Check Amazon, they often have good deals on it.

Comment

+3 for the Freud SD206.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Having owned both the Freud SD208 and DeWalt DW7670, I'd definitely give the "bang for the buck" nod to the DW. Both sets were good but the 7670 has twice the teeth and just plain leaves a smoother cut. It also has a nicer case and better shim stock, and is often within ~ $10 of the lower end Freud set. It can also be found as a Delta 35-7670.

You might also take a look at the Oshlun set from Holbren or Amazon. It's a similar design to the 42 Tooth/6T Systimatic set.

Comment

thanks for the input. i like the looks of the delta but don't want to spend that much on it. i've got freud blades in my table and circular saw and have been very happy with them, so i think i'm going to go with the consensus and get the sd206.

Comment

Sorry, I've got the Freud 21697 8" set and can't use two of the chippers, it's oversized. Not too happy considering I paid over $200.

Comment

I'd send the blades and that pic to Freud. Ask for a replacement.

Comment

Capehorn3: I would bet that those chippers have a center hole a smidgeon too large. If you rearrange the chippers, are the high spots always over the same two chippers or over the same spot on the stack? If its the same spot, you have a worn arbor.

I have heard Freud is very good about customer satisfaction, and if you contact them, they may replace either the chippers or the whole set. With the price of the SD508, I would sure try.

Go
                    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
                    X