ZCI Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZCI Again

I've been toying with the idea of making some zero clearance inserts, for my 3612, out of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene(UHMW). Has anyone out there already tried this? I'm thinking that ¼" would be about the right thickness to use but am concerned if it will be ridgid enough. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

1/4" is the right thickness I would not worry about in flexing.
    Andy B.

Comment

I have made inserts for my Emerson/Craftsman UHMW and it has worked fine. I used the standard insert as a pattern and even cut out the slot for the splitter. I prefer it to a seperate splitter.
      I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

G.W.,

Did you use ¼" stock to make yours and if so did you have to do any sanding to size? I have access to both ¼" and 3/16" and would prefer not to have to mess with the thickness if I don't have to.

Dave
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Yes. originally I worked with some 1/4 inch and had to sand them down to fit. That was a bit of a pain in the butt. I have since switched sizes, sorry, cant remember of the top of my head what size. I belive it was 3/16 but not positive right now. I found that six small allen screws put into the thing spaced evenly around the edges made it easy to level them and keeps the center from sagging. They are a hair thinner than the height of the table.
          I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

Working...
          X