Continued from part I....

Regards
    niki

Re: Euro hinges for beginners and amateurs part II

Comment

Comment

I have never used these hinges before. but yet again, with you're step by step pictures i think myself and others will be much more confident in trying these hinges.
        Thanks for taking time to share you're tips and tricks.

Comment

Thanks, Niki! I've been reluctant to use euro hinges simply because I wasn't sure of the mounting procedure. With both of these posts, I think I'm much more confident in how to set them now. Great pics and great write-up as usual. Thank you very much for all you do.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thank you so much

I forgot to mention....
            I selected a 4mm (5/32") distance from the door edge but you can select any distance between 4mm and 6mm (5/32"~ 15/64").

The 35mm holes can be drilled also with a hand drill but, I think that almost everybody have Drill Press of Drill Stand so, I didn't post those pictures...

Regards
            niki

Comment

If you use the make called "Blum", then you can even get a type with a spring damper, so the doors shut quietly on their own, the last few degrees. They also make a neat roller drawer system, with a simular self closing. Blum seems to have greater ajustment than other makes - certainly easier. I use them a lot for Stainless work - heavy duty kitchens, lab equipment etc.
              Greetings from Norway, RiR, soon to be Lillesand Rustfri.

Comment

Originally posted by RiR View Post
                If you use the make called "Blum", then you can even get a type with a spring damper, so the doors shut quietly on their own, the last few degrees. They also make a neat roller drawer system, with a simular self closing. Blum seems to have greater ajustment than other makes - certainly easier. I use them a lot for Stainless work - heavy duty kitchens, lab equipment etc.
                Greetings from Norway, RiR, soon to be Lillesand Rustfri.

Many of the hinge makers have soft close cylinders that can be added to their hinges. Several companies have integrated soft close hinges and that seems to be the latest "hot thing". Blum is a good brand, but their adjustments are fairly middle of the road.

Nice system Niki, thanks.

Comment

Nice write-up Niki, as usual.
                  I use concealed nearly every day in the cabinet shop where I work (US). I generally use the clip-on type though. It makes for a far simpler install in a more "assembly line" type of operation. The outer hinges, if more than 2 are needed, are installed to a set standard. Then the inners are spaced equally between them. This takes a lot of the "matching" and "figuring" out of the game.
                  Like you said, with about 3mm of adjustment in each direction, they are really easy to use. If more Americans only knew how much easier....

Of course I have it really easy with a semi-automatic machine that bores and presses the door side half in place....and the cabinet sides come pre-drilled off of a CNC router, so it is as simple as driving the 5mm screws in place. I do have to do them by hand occasionally though

I do have one question. Why do you use the two drill bit method for locating your screws on the door side of the hinge? The spring-loaded self-centering bits (VIX) are far easier to use than switching.

Comment

Thank you so much Longhair

(sorry for the delay of more than a month...I was in hospital.)

As for your question about using two drill bits to locate the hole center....un-knowingly, you gave also the answer...I don't have self centering drill bit.......it's very difficult to find the normal BORG tools here in Poland but, as you noticed, I have many drills so I just work with 3 drills - one for the dimple - one for the pilot hole and one with a screw driver...it takes only a few minutes more...

Regards
                    niki

Comment

Working...
                    X