X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laser light on mitre saw

Just got the 12" sliding mitre by Ridgid.Those that have this unit, does your cut fall right on the laser line or just to the right of it (about a sixteenth or less)?

I don't have that saw, but I added a laser to my Delta a few years ago and the cut is on the right edge of the line. It is a blade mounted laser and that puts the line beside it. If you have one with a saw mounted laser then you can adjust it to be dead on the cut line if you want.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

From what I heard and read about the laser light on the Ridgid is that they are off by about that much. To me it don't seem to be very useful then. Not that you want to spend more money but maybe an after market one would do the trick.

Comment

Unless they have somehow improved it recently, the laser line is not the actual cutline. Just use the blades teeth, power off of course, to line up your cuts.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The lasers work very well and greatly speed up the cutting process. If you want to cut ON the line then line the laser next to it and to keep the line put the laser on the line. How difficult is that to do.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

i just bought the same and have the same problem, im checking my buddies dad who has one as well,
            i think i will just make allowances for the 1/16" and just cut there

Comment

true, the laser is about 1/16 off, but it's consistent, and the same every time. once you get used to it, it greatly speeds up things.

I've been very happy with it's precision, when you need a few pieces the exact same length it's a no brainer. just make your mark 1/16 short.

when you really need that exact cut then do it the old fashioned way by using the teeth.

Comment

OK, I CAN DEAL WITH THE LAZER LINE BEING OFF JUST A BIT. THANKS TO THOSE THAT REPLIED ; AT LEAST I KNOW THAT MOST ARE IN THE SAME BOAT. I WILL ADJUST TO IT LIKE SOME OF YOU HAVE! BOTTOM LINE IS I LIKE THE SAW VERY MUCH.

Comment

i gotta say i like the saw too, it is amazing compared to the old black and decker i was using,

and that utility cart, is a piece of work too,

i bought it last week and have been churning things out ever since, i am in the good books with the wife,

now if i had any money to buy materials id be all set, $1000 canadian for the saw and cart and no money for material!!!! aint that the way

Comment

I have to stand behind badgerdave on the laser line discretion.From experience, when working wood trim that aint gona get painted I need to know my saw better than a 1/32" for miters and such. Aint no laser gona give me that, or the slight tilts I need to fit tight with one cut to the other,and go from job to job with the saw still set.Laser may be good for placement but not for final cuts.I have 20 bucks for any one that can prove me wrong.Get a hold of me through PaPaDan's site www.hoistman.com in, Tool Info,I will stand by my words,but good luck on the challenge

bob bridgewater
                    Be safe out there folks

[ 07-30-2005, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                    Be safe out there folks
                    Bob B
                    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Working...
                    X