X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Dust Collection for New TS3660

I recently purchased a new ridgid TS 3660. I"m pleased so far. I purchased a dust collection bag that fits under a normal table saw. The Ridgid however has a front and back support the sits lower then the two side supports so it will not fit. The Ridgid web has little in the way of accessories.
    Where do I get dust collect for my new saw?
    Thanks.
    Joe T.

Re: Saw Dust Collection for New TS3660

Joe if you search the forum a little you will find several threads that have home made enclosures. I made mine from mdf. 3/4" in the bottom with a plastic dust flange siliconed in to attach a 4" hose to it and 3/8" with cut outs for motor mount and belt in the rear. good luck Pat

this thread has a pic of one way, I know I've seen several others. Let me know if you need pics of mine

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ust+collection
    Last edited by PMR413; 10-17-2008, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks PMR413. Very helpful. I'm new to this board but I think I'm gonna love it!

Comment

The simplest method is to just connect a shop vac to the port on the blade shroud. I'm pretty sure Ridgid designed it to operate this way.
        This is the upside down view...

Comment

Your welcome and welcome aboard. If you need I can post some pics of what I did just let me know...

Comment

you might use this in place of the dust collector bag you mentioned:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/R-TDHOOD.html
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Joe I also remember reading a thread where someone said they enclosed their 3650 and tested with the factory dust port removed. With the port on the dust collection was better, so if you go with a dust flange like I did mount it towards the rear this way when you swing the blade to 45 degrees there is clearance for the factory port to swing across.

Comment

Pat,
                I would greatly appreciate your dust collection pics and thanks again for your help.
                Joe T.

Comment

Thanks FINER9998. Have you tried this attachment?

Comment

Thanks JBATEMAN. Have you used this dust port? Looks like it would not capture all the dust.

Comment

I'll try to give a short description of each picture, I did a cardboard mockup of each board. I put magnetic tape onto the rear main board to help seal the rear also used 2 bolts and fender washers on it to make sure it doesn't vibrate loose, and used large fridge magnets to close up the front holes. I don't cut bevels very offen but when I do it takes about 3 minutes to remove the rear so I can tilt the blade. Pat
                      Attached Files

Comment

Only 5 pics per post... and yes I have my lift on backwards, I push the front of the saw against the wall (then drop it down) and let the motor stick out. hope this helps you.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Pat,
                          OUTSTANDING!! Thanks that is a great help.
                          Joe T.

Comment

joe t...i was able to purchase a discontinued ridgid product, in plastic, for $7.00 some time ago which looked a lot like the product i linked in the post but came with a 2.5" dust collection port. i modified it to accept both the standard 2.5" shop vac dust collection hose and a 4" fitting for a Delta dust collector. i am capturing far more dust now than ever but, as my product is no longer available, i would definitely try the product i linked you to. they look almost identical and the linked roduct is make of metal. btw, this si the ridgid product i mentioned

http://www.ridgidparts.com/pdf/AC1098.pdf

and this is the kit i used to modify the ridgid 1098 so it accepted a 4" hose from a dust collector

http://www.westerntool.com/product.htm?pid=437005

hope this helps. btw, great job closing up the back of the saw.

Comment

pmr...can u provide more info re materials and techniques to attach the materials to the back of the saw to close it up?

Comment

Working...
                              X