Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doh! Now I won't sleep out of nightmares!!!
    Later,
    Chiz

Comment

The Incra Miter has several plastic disks that are have a split in them that you tighten a screw down to expand. Works really well and can take out all the play you may have in the slot.

I'll try to see if I can find a picture of them. Don't know why I didn't think of that before I started to post. LOL

Here's a picture

The 2000 has six of these along the length of the bar.
      Woodrat

[ 04-06-2005, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Woodrat ]

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrat:
        The Incra Miter has several plastic disks that are have a split in them that you tighten a screw down to expand. Works really well and can take out all the play you may have in the slot.

The 2000 has six of these along the length of the bar.
        Woodrat
        Ohhhh, I like that.

But so far, I have not used my TS2400LS enough (or any table saw for that matter) to know all the ways I could use an Incra 2000 Miter and justify it's cost ($150-200). Basically, I can only comprehend simple cross cuts, rips, & dados at the moment. Give me a few years and I'll see the value of all that an Incra 2000 can do !!

It was also hard enough justfying spending $500 on this saw to my wife when a similarly equipped (but very inferior) Ryobi was set up right next to the 2400LS at HD for under $200 !!

Doug

Comment

Dougmac: What you do is make something for the wife that looks like you used a dull axe to cut it out.

Tell the little misses you'd like to make it nicer since it's for the LOML, but you miter just won't let you do any better.

By now she will probably be in tears because you just want to make something better for her. This is when you set the hook and mention the Incra 2000.

Also if you go to the Incra site, they have all price ranges. The cheapest place I found to get them on the net was Woodpeckers.

Woodrat

Comment

Another great source for Incra stuff is Riess Supply. I've found them to be a little less expensive than Woodpeckers.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave: Thanks for the heads up on Reiss Supply.

I would say you're correct on the pricing. I think their current price is about what I gave for mine more than a year ago.

Thanks,

Woodrat

Comment

Working...
              X