X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablesaw insert

I own a TS2400 and am very happy with it, however I need a Dado insert and a zero clearance insert for this machine. I ordered what I thought where the proper inserts from Ridgid parts.com however they do not properly fit into the saw. The Dado insert part number is AC1030 and the zero clearance insert is PN AC1035. Both of these inserts are way to low(below flush) to the table top. Also they both lack the tab that is oppisite to the keyhole shaped screw hole that holds the insert into the top. Has anyone else run into this issue and how was it resolved?

Thanks
    John

Those are the correct inserts for your saw. You should be able to adjust the height of the insert by making adjustments to the four hex set screws.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave
      Even with the adjustment screws all the way in it is still not high enough the insert that comes with the saw measures .455 from the bottom of the adjustment screw to the top of the insert, the dado insert is only .140 thick. Does it matter if this is the saw that comes with the rolling stand?

thanks
      John

Comment

John,
        Do you have the new orange TS2400 or an older model grey TS2400? When Ridgid replaced the 3612 with the 3650 there was a design change in the insert area of the saw and the inserts that fit the 3612 will not work in the 3650. I'm wondering if maybe there wasn't also a change in the 2400. The inserts you have should work in the older grey model but now, I'm not sure about the newer orange model. I'm sure someone here will be more familiar with the old and new 2400 than I am.
        Dave

Comment

Dave
          It is the newer orange model, I am hoping someone here can help me with this situation. Thanks for your help.

John

Comment

I don't know, I have the older gray TS2400 and have not had a problem with the inserts.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

The new orange models do have a thicker throat plate than the old Emerson saws. See if you can return the incorrect ones and re-order the right ones. Make sure you quote them the full model # including all letters and #'s. If all else fails you can use your existing one as a template and make your own. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

It appears that a change was indeed made when they switched to the orange color. According to the online owners manual, the TS2400LS now uses the AC1040 dado insert and the AC1045 zero clearance insert.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who responded, I found a suitable insert for 12.95 plus shipping. I ordered two and they should be here on Thursday.

John

Comment

Working...
                  X