Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts3612 and tp1300

Hello Everyone,

Went to HD today to get some wood for a project and possibly the tp1300. They were out of the tp1300 but after talking to the tool guy he told me about the 10% off sale (like I didn't already know) and if I wanted anything this would be a good day to get it. He then offered me the display model with evrything but the extra blades for $300.00 I'm not big on buying used display models but I couldn't pass that up.

My question is to the guys that have a tp1300 is, What should I do to really go through this thing and check it out? I would like to know if it has any problems.

Also while I was there spending money like I had it. I bought the ts3612. I think after I get my wife breathing again and her foot out of you know where I'll put the saw together and see if it has any problems so if anyone has any suggestions on checking that out I would like to hear them.

Thanks Matt [img]smile.gif[/img]

My question is to the guys that have a tp1300 is, What should I do to really go through this thing and check it out? I would like to know if it has any problems

For $300 I'd snatch it up!

There isn't too much to worry about. Just make sure it has all of the parts. You will have to set it up when you get it home. I'm sure with everyone playing with it that the feed tables are not level. Clean it up, give the tables a nice coat of wax, and you should have a TP1300 for a great price!
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Matt, I have the 3612 ans like it. There are a number of small things, one being the set up of the caster set... Make sure you leave the bolts loose. Also, take the time to align everything properly. It's amazing how good one can feel when the wood just seems to glide through the blade and you end up with a straight cut. Just post any questions here and you'll have no problems.

Look over that display model very well. I asked my wife about the recon units and if they ever get them at her store and she did mention that they write "display" on the boxes sometimes so people buy the new ones instead. Check the bladed very well. if it was a display, the blades may be nicked from people touching the blades with wrenches and the like.

in all, I think you made a good purchase considering the 10% off you got. When I bought my big stuff. (jointer and 3612), I didn't get the 10% off and still think I got a deal. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X