Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, reading posts since earlier this year, and just registered mainly to add I am extremely happy with the 3650. It replaced a Delta that was great saw but actually had motor and wiring burn up while using. Mouse suspected to be culprit and ate wires causing short. He got cooked in process.
    Looked at General,Delta,Jet,Dewalt. I could not see any reason to justify the extra cost myself. Each has slightly different things, pro-con, but none had it all and all more dollars.
    2 months of using now 2-30 hours per week - I have small shop here and we make some cabinets, but mainly outdoor furniture for decks and porches. Become very busy here which is superb for me - slow most of year. Now need additional saw and based on our experience it will be another 3650 unless we have someone give us something for free To us that would be one way to unseat the 3650 as in shop ts.
    Very nice saw - read a few posts here and some seem to be concerned about value. I state differently.

Comment

HankE,
      Thanks for posting. You seem to have far and away the most hours on a 3650. You have probably passed the 2424LS I've owned for over a year already! I visited this forum before buying my Ridgids expressly to hear from people like you who "run 'em hard".
      \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

HOLY CRAP!! I didn't realize that asking a question or two about a table saw would invoke such open animosity between some of you guys. I do appreciate the input (the good, the bad and the ugly) as it pertains to the equipment in question.

I have decided to opt for the 3650. Even better - my wife said she would give it to me as an early Christmas present. What a woman!!
        Dave

Comment

I believe you will be very happy with the 3650 as we are.
          I had an opportunity to talk to a Rigid person last night while at a HD store. He informed me they were opening 3 service centers in near future in metro area which I did enjoy hearing. I also noticed they had no 3650's in-house presently there and know last week I saw 5 of them in boxes at front of store and 2 in back. To me it shows public acceptance of the saw. I believe it is not in fact a "cheaply" priced saw that the one time user buys but rather the more knowledable buyer looking for better quality. Based on our experience it is there and has been provided. I realize some have a fear of a non-Emerson labeled motor. With warranty involved it was not a concern to us. Possibly it is engineered to same or higher specifications for all we know. It runs hard and strong, cuts extremely well and smooth and does all that we ask of it.
          We are happy with it and trust this will be case for many years to come. To that end - I asked them to call me when the next shipment gets in and I will be picking up number 2 for shop.
          Enjoy your new saw

Comment

FWIW, I think that the posts of the legs flexing may be slightly blown out of proportion. I have visited 3 different HDs in the past several weeks and have checked out the 3650 at them all. the only time I noticed the "leg flex" was when I puit some serious weight behind my shoves and twists. (I go 265 lbs) I can see no way that this thing would ever move if using with MDF, or plywood, even a 4x8 sheet. Perhaps those who have experienced different may have saws that weren't assembled or legs not aligned properly. (could be a stamping QC problem though that was a single run)

Also FWIW, I love the beveled front edge as well as the new wings.

Comment

diito here Mike. nuttin more to add but bet someone sure will
              Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Just FYI,

Here are some reviews.

http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker..._Tablesaws.pdf
                http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker...&contentId=244

Rob

Comment

Rob----no offense meant, but your references don't have a thing to do with the 3650----Am. WW'r reviewed the 3612---not the 3650, which is a totally different saw.

Well---as is usually said, we're all entitled to our own opinions ----except for me----according to some jerks who have only recently joined this board.

I will continue to offer assistance and opinions on tools, where they can be of value. No, I don't own the saw, and from what I've seen so far I wouldn't want to own it. But, if anyone reviewing a saw or other product had to own it first, we'd have darned few reviews.
                  Dave

Comment

Hmmmm _ I knew it Or new it!?
                    I like jerky myself. Best use of venison that I know of

Comment

daveferg- we all know the above by now. What was point of this lastest post? Just curious

Comment

I prefer to stay away from the family feud, okay.
                        Home Depot told me about this site today when I was looking for information on this tablesaw. Nice to be able to see feedback from everyone, good or bad.
                        I'm in market. Think I have added 300 miles since Saturday looking at so many different saws my head is in spinning spiral.
                        About the only one discussed I have not seen is the Bridgewood, which takes it out of equation anyway.
                        I really like the General. I really like the Rigid 3650. Fence is real slick on General - Rigid is very good. The rest seems to be pretty balanced so it comes down to money to a degree for me. Is the General worth the extra $130 plus cost of mobile base? Call it $200.
                        I see no compelling reason to not buy the Rigid honestly. $200 is money but does not make my decision as it's in billfold. I just cannot see why I need to spend the extra money for tablesaws so close in over-all ability.
                        If someone has a reason that has not been discussed let me know please. To me a compelling case against the Rigid has never been made.
                        Open to "new" things but the old ones seem to be discussed way to much. Thank you forum!
                        \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Dave,

I realize that the review did not have the new Ridgid saw. I just thought he and others might want to see reviews of other products that are out there. I have never seen the new Ridgid saw and do not have an opinion at this time. I have the 2424. I also thought the reviews of the other tools would be of interest to others on this forum.

Rob

Comment

Amen....Grey44ghost et all (whew,lots of posts there!)

Comment

For what it's worth, I've viewed the 3612 a few times at HD, never in extensity. Never considered the 3650, though from reading posts, put a decent set of legs under it and the correct screw in the motor and it's as good as my 2424 with 8' rails. And if Ridgid ever did one thing right, it was the 2424. I've punished that saw like I barrowed it from my enemy to make a few bucks on the side, yet does refined cuts in expensive stock with exact precission for my personal use. And it doesn't turn any expensive blade of $150 or more either. In most cases, construction grade frueds between 30 & 50 bucks. Or on abusive days, 10 to 15 buck Oldhams or Steelex.

So for what it's worth, any table saw from Ridgid gets my vote. Every tool has it's flaws, it's when you add them up is when it counts. The 3650 is a new breed, bound to need a little refining. But most of all, I suggest keeping a healthy amount of Johnson's paste wax on the table and wings to protect your investment. Weather it turns out to be a keeper or a dumper, you'll get a better return with a nice clean shiney top!
                              John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

To: Summarize all these post.

Those of us who own the TS3650 and tryed it out for a period of time are delighted with this saw and highly recommend it. Those who dont have one or spent any time on one say its bad. I think I got a pretty good picture now.

Ok, Good Night all

Comment

Working...
                                X