X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Saving Reminder

I saw this mentioned a couple of times last year in a thread but thought it would be worth bringing up again. Everyone loves a bargain and a lot of us shop at HD. I'm not sure if this is a common practice in all regions but in the Atlanta area, HD will price match plus and additional 10% off from other retailers' ads. They will also do the same for Internet vendors but without the additional 10% reduction. I finally decided to purchase the PC 557 biscuit joiner and found the best price of $189 at International Tool on the net. Sure enough, out of stock, been that way for a while, not sure when more will be in, etc, etc. I was talking to a guy at HD the other day and found out about the internet price matching. You just need to bring in a printed copy of the internet page with the description, price, and website. Sure enough, I dropped by last night, no hassle, service desk rung up the purchase and even smiled. The regular $220 price was dropped by $30.00. I have yet to see this tool on sale otherwise. Bottom line....it pays to shop around. A good price along with HD's no hassle return policy is a pretty good deal in my book. I may not be as price sensitive as I used to be but hey, its still my hard earned money.

The Frugal Wood Dog

Great suggestion. Who can argue with great tools at better prices. I have done the same at my local HD. I think there computer system is set up to match the competitor price and then automatically adjust an addt'l 10% off. I bought the same biscuit joiner and a PC finish nailer and that is how it worked for me when I walked in with a printout from the internet. Enjoy.

Comment

Wood

I am looking at getting the pc biscuit joiner can you post where you got the print off online.

Comment

Viper,

Here's the link: http://www.internationaltool.com/pcbisjoiners.htm#557

In case you have trouble with the link, search for "International Tool" They tend to have as good or better prices than other sites I have shopped.

Good luck
        Wood Dog

Comment

Thank you I now have a reason to get it.

Comment

Guys. Pay attention!!! I did the same thing, only I took the add for the same bisquit joiner from grizzly in. Grizzly gave away 1000 free bisquits and had free shipping. I had to talk to the manager, but he agreed and charged me $170 bucks for the joiner and gave me 1000 bisquits. good luck gentlemen!

Comment

Check here for some great pricing, just watch the shipping costs!
              http://www.northwestpowertools.com/
              Every project I start is a gamble.

Comment

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION ON SHOPPING WITH A PRINTED PAGE FOR WHAT EVER.... i WILL POST THIS NEXT TO MY "BOARD" AND TRY TO SAVE A BUCK OT TWO ALSO,,, dd

Comment

Working...
                X