X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Ridgid mitersaw dust control

I am putting in a 2HP Oneida cyclone with drops to each workstation. What is the best method you guys know of to capture the most dust from Ridgid's 12" miter saw? I have heard: 1) hook directly to the saw's 21/2" port and have a 4" duct to an oversized hood behind the saw and 2) hook to the 21/2" port and collect from directly under the saw. (I'm not sure it's feasible to collect from under the saw with the Ridgid). Any better ideas?

One Idea that you may want to think about is getting a radial arm saw dust collector and attach it to a stand directly behind the saw. That way, you will capture the loose dust that doesn't go directly into the 2 1/2" chute. It also allows for more air volume to be sucked into the collector.

Comment

The Ridgid TS dust collector would be perfect for that....I'm going to add one when I get my saw stand set up in the shop...mount the collector on the wall right behind where the slider goes & voila, less dust!
      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Working...
      X