X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I GOT IT :)

well i finaly broke down and bought a TS 2424 and i love it so far.....

i got tyred of using my brothers table saw so i got my own..... his ryobi is suck a piece of,well u know.....

i love the fact that is cuts square out of the box and there was no need for adjustments...

thanks all for your time and advice and i hope to get many years of enjoyment from the TS 2424

thanks again

brian

Brian,

Welcome to the RIDGID fold and many years of happy sawing to you!

Jake

P.S. If you have any questions on use or techinques, be sure to check here first.

Comment

hi jake

and thanks for the welcome...

hmmmmmm how do i turn this thin on? oh yea i know hold blade with the left hand and pull switch with right hand... yea yea thats it...:P

this thing cuts sooooo sweet...
      i was making rased panel doors yesterday and it did the cuts perfict and smooth.... my brothers roybi burned the wood and the fence would not square up so the wood would bind up..

what a differance between the boy toys and the man toys....

im glad i went with ridgid.... i thing it has more bang for the buck...

now jake is there any out feed tables for this saw and proper rail extintions so i cam put the rails back in place.... i slide the rails to the right side of the saw so i can get a 38 inch rip..

thanks
      brian w

Comment

WOOD Magazine ran an article maybe a year ago on making an outfeed table. They used a TS2424 for the example machine.

I run my fence with zero capacity left of blade. It's a left-tilting saw, I see no need for ripping under the blade.

Dave

Comment

Brian, here is the link for that outfeed table, downloadable no less. http://woodstore.woodmall.com/tabouttab.html

I made one of these about 4 or 5 months ago for my TS2424. One of the best add-ons I've ever come up with. Makes ripping long boards a breeze when no helper around.

For what it's worth, I used melamine for the table and edge banded it with that plasticky stuff that you route a slot and then pound in.
          Dick

Comment

thanks for the link to the site for the out feed table...

i just built one today and it is nice...
            i made the 1st part of the table 49 inches by 24 inches and then the fold down part of the table i made 49 inches by 35.5 inches... this gave me a total of 7+ feet inchuding the saw [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

i will take some pics and post them tomarrow...i forgot the camera today

thanks again
            brian

Comment

DADDYS NEW TOY [img]smile.gif[/img]
              here is the pics of the new ts 2424 with the home made out feed table

thanks brian

Comment

Very nice, Brian! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dave

Comment

Working...
                X