Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid R4511 availability?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

    Originally posted by hewood View Post
    The R4511 is new and being rolled out in stores now, but it'll happen at different times for different regions. It should all happen very soon according to what I've been reading here.
    I've had a SO in since a week ago yesterday. It say's "Order in process. Not shipped"?? I still wonder if things are slow coming in from China. They claimed on TV that the ports are doing 26% less in import volume as of late. I hope I get my saw before the economy goes nuts!

    My Ryobi TS has 1/8" end play in the arbor/motor shaft, hard to make accurate cuts.

    Buck

    Comment


    • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

      I receiced a e-mail from HD contractor sevices yesterday stating that the SKU for this saw was activated yesterday and their auto ordering system would place an order for it next Wed. but no idea when they will arrive in store.

      Big G

      Comment


      • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

        Are there any instructions for assembly of the r4511 online?

        Comment


        • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

          I went into my Home Depot today and they said the SKU was inactive so that they could not order it. It amazes me because I am only 30 min from the HD head office.

          Comment


          • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

            Originally posted by Riddick View Post
            Are there any instructions for assembly of the r4511 online?
            Not yet, for whatever reason. However I called Ridgid at least a month ago and requested a manual. It was in my mailbox within a week. It's very much like the 3660 manual, layout wise. It does show the shipping cage and how the cabinet is bolted to the bottom of the cage. I intend to strap the cabinet to the cage bottom then flip it on it's side, remove the bolts. flip it back on it's feet and remove the cage sides. At that point 2-3 guys should be able to lift it off the cage and onto my two wheel truck and down the cellar stairs it will go.
            Sound like a good plan?

            Buck

            Comment


            • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

              I'll be bringing my 4511 home in about 2 hours. I was wondering about how loose to leave the bolts between the lift and the saw. If I'm reading correctly other posts it seems they are not supposed to be tight. Just hand tight up until they touch metal, or a little more? Also, these are the nylon nuts, is that right? Any other assembly help would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like dust pan first, then lift then rest of assembly?
              Thanks,
              Barry

              Comment


              • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                Barry,

                Just hand tighten everything until the nut can't go anymore. Don't try to force it any further. Once the lift is together via hand tightened bolts, place the actual unit on the lift, and THEN tighten everything below. I spent about 5 hours trying to figure this thing out. It was the most frustrating part. However, once this is done, the rest is a breeze.

                Comment


                • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                  Originally posted by barrsurf View Post
                  I'll be bringing my 4511 home in about 2 hours. I was wondering about how loose to leave the bolts between the lift and the saw. If I'm reading correctly other posts it seems they are not supposed to be tight. Just hand tight up until they touch metal, or a little more? Also, these are the nylon nuts, is that right? Any other assembly help would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like dust pan first, then lift then rest of assembly?
                  Thanks,
                  Barry
                  If you are talking about the boles that hang at the corners of the lift and bolt to the leg corner brackets, manual says you are supposed to run the nuts (yes, they are nylon locknuts) down just until the bolt threads are flush with the end of the nut. So basically, a little more than hand tight but not much.

                  Honestly I have them run down by hand and never bothered changing it. The lift worked great from the first try. I would do what a previous poster said and leave everything hand tight, or fairly loose at least. Assemble the saw upside down like the first few steps said, skip the step of mounting the wings with the saw upside down, install the lift with the saw STILL upside down, then flip the whole shebang over and attach the wings with the saw upright (helps to have a table that is the correct height of the saw to rest the wings on, then roll the saw up to it courtesy of the already installed HercULift).

                  Comment


                  • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                    Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                    If you are talking about the boles that hang at the corners of the lift and bolt to the leg corner brackets, manual says you are supposed to run the nuts (yes, they are nylon locknuts) down just until the bolt threads are flush with the end of the nut. So basically, a little more than hand tight but not much.

                    Honestly I have them run down by hand and never bothered changing it. The lift worked great from the first try. I would do what a previous poster said and leave everything hand tight, or fairly loose at least. Assemble the saw upside down like the first few steps said, skip the step of mounting the wings with the saw upside down, install the lift with the saw STILL upside down, then flip the whole shebang over and attach the wings with the saw upright (helps to have a table that is the correct height of the saw to rest the wings on, then roll the saw up to it courtesy of the already installed HercULift).
                    I have the manual for the 4511. No where does it say assemble the saw up-side down. The wings rest on sliding bars the slide under the center top and above the cabinet, BEFORE you install the wings. After sliding the bars in all you need to do is place the wing on them and slide the wing home. It looks like you may want to leave it 1/4" away or so to start the nuts onto the studs that you threaded into the top. Once started you can slide the wings closer and tighten the nuts as you go. The bars you slide in have 2 adjustment screws on each to adjust the wings to the table top. It will provide adjustment in both directions. A 36-48" straight edge across the top should do it.

                    The rods/braces that rest under the gussets on each leg have a small hole on top and a larger dia. hole on the bottom for the bolt. That way the brace can move up and down a tiny bit without binding. The manual says to leave some slack and just tighten the nut till the bolts end is even with the lock nut. It looks to me like all the rods go with the small hole on top, makes sense if you think about it.

                    Buck
                    Last edited by BuckB; 02-22-2009, 04:53 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                      Well I over tightened the herculift bolts, so I had to back them out. I need to back them out a little more I believe. The dust shroud was a PITA. I finally got it on, but it wasn't easy.
                      Tomorrow will be wings and rails.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                        Originally posted by BuckB View Post
                        I intend to strap the cabinet to the cage bottom then flip it on it's side, remove the bolts. flip it back on it's feet and remove the cage sides. At that point 2-3 guys should be able to lift it off the cage and onto my two wheel truck and down the cellar stairs it will go.
                        Sound like a good plan?

                        Buck
                        Buck,

                        I don't think you need to flip it on it's side. I got to the bolts fine from underneath the frame with a rachet and a socket. It's pretty heavy to be flipping it any more than necessary.

                        Also, as mentioned in a previous post, the legs on the shipping frame break off easily. I had one broken on mine.

                        Ron

                        Comment


                        • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                          ok this is my first post here i have read the entire thread and i am interested. i currently have the crapsman 221240 with the biesemeyer fence system. seems to be a pretty good saw, but this is the only tool in my shop that is not ridgid beside my drill. if i were to sell my saw with out the fence and rails does anyone think they would fit on the r4511? I really want this saw. also does any one have pics of the fence with the sides installed? ( if i can not get my biesemeyer to fit.)

                          thanks for the info

                          joshua

                          Comment


                          • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                            Originally posted by joshuashu View Post
                            ok this is my first post here i have read the entire thread and i am interested. i currently have the crapsman 221240 with the biesemeyer fence system. seems to be a pretty good saw, but this is the only tool in my shop that is not ridgid beside my drill. if i were to sell my saw with out the fence and rails does anyone think they would fit on the r4511? I really want this saw. also does any one have pics of the fence with the sides installed? ( if i can not get my biesemeyer to fit.)

                            thanks for the info

                            joshua
                            That'd be a lateral move at best. The R4511 looks enticing for $600 for someone buying a new saw, but you'd be selling a very good and very well proven $1000 hybrid that gets rave comments from the vast majority of owners, for another hybrid with no track record, and no assurances that the Biese fence will fit. You'd also be giving up some motor power essentially to gain a riving knife. It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me...both have Steel City ancestry (regardless of the brand name plate on the front).

                            It'd make more sense to get an aftermarket riving knife for the 22124...it's called a BORK from Walnutacrewoodworking.com

                            Sounds like a case of serious brand allegiance to me...
                            Last edited by hewood; 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                              Originally posted by Antondeg View Post
                              I went into my Home Depot today and they said the SKU was inactive so that they could not order it. It amazes me because I am only 30 min from the HD head office.

                              Guy at Home Depot put a special order in for me on 1/13/09. Expected delivery 2/18/09. Ever since then when I check the status report it say "Order in Process- Not Shipped". I believe HD does not want to sell me a saw. Ridgid say's "We have plent of them for SO?

                              Can buy the new Grizzly 3hp with riving knife, model G0690, and it's a cabinet saw. It's $1250.00 and they will ship it any where in the country for $89.00.

                              Thinking

                              Buck

                              Comment


                              • Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

                                Originally posted by BuckB View Post
                                Guy at Home Depot put a special order in for me on 1/13/09. Expected delivery 2/18/09. Ever since then when I check the status report it say "Order in Process- Not Shipped". I believe HD does not want to sell me a saw. Ridgid say's "We have plent of them for SO?

                                Can buy the new Grizzly 3hp with riving knife, model G0690, and it's a cabinet saw. It's $1250.00 and they will ship it any where in the country for $89.00.

                                Thinking

                                Buck
                                Go in to HD and have them call Ridgid. That's ridiculous that you have not received the saw. I ordered mine 2-6 and picked it up on 2-20. It took 5 days for the freight co to get it from Houston to Austin (2 1/2 drive). This may have been due to having to schedule a dock time with the store.
                                I had the Contractor Sales guys call a couple of times to check the status. They gave me the conf# with Ridgid, which is different than the HD one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X