Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

Originally posted by lallen View Post
    Home Depot now shows these as available. Shipping (at least to Anaheim) comes out to $452.32.

Shipping is the same amount to Kansas City. Must be a glitch somewhere. Nobody would pay that much for shipping.

Mark
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
      If that saw is online only then nobody will buy it. The shipping makes it overpriced.
      Online only depends on your store. Over the weekend, when my store was set to Fishkill the DW735 was online only, but when i set it to Mohegan Lake it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mmack66 View Post
        Shipping is the same amount to Kansas City. Must be a glitch somewhere. Nobody would pay that much for shipping.
        Same thing in Boston. Has anyone contacted HD tech support to point this out? They can't possibly think they're going to sell any of these online with a $400+ shipping charge.

By the way, they are now showing up as available on my version of the website, no matter what store I choose. As stated before, my experience with the "online only" caveat indicates it's somewhat meaningless. The TS3660 is "online only" too, and both stores in my area have it on the floor. One of them has it for $469. So we'll see, I guess.

Comment

I would think that a buyer could special order in store without getting hit with the shipping charges. I haven't asked my HD store manager yet, they are REAL busy with Christmas and Hurricane related issues...

Comment

I sent an email to HD customer service yesterday asking them about the ridiculous shipping charge. Haven't heard back yet. I'll keep y'all posted.

Comment

I wonder if the new fence will be anywhere as excellent as the one on the 3660?

Comment

Originally posted by rstrats View Post
                I wonder if the new fence will be anywhere as excellent as the one on the 3660?
                I'd guess that fence will be an upgrade but can't really tell from just a pic. It'll be a matter of preference anyway. The fence looks to me like it's missing the face pieces, which makes it look cheaper to many people. If it had the faces installed, I think it would look much like a Delta T2 or the Jet's new Proshop fence, which are both excellent fences. Even without the faces, the basic function of the fence should be similar to those. I'd add my own faces if for some reason they leave them off.

Comment

I spoke to the product development director at Ridgid regarding the saw. I said the fence looked like a Delta T2 and he said it was more like the Bies, locking only on the front guide. I told him I was also concerned about the durability of the granite top and he said that they had put it through some pretty rough handling and they held up very well. I couldn't get him to confirm that it was a Steel City saw but looking at the granite top and the rectangular throat plate I believe thats what it is. He did confirm that it has cabinet mounted trunions which is the same as Steel City and the Craftsman Hybrids. I have one on order and should be in the store for pick up no later than the 15th of December. I'll try to provide photos and a novice review when I get it. By the way if you have it delivered to the store instead of your home you don't pay for shipping. The only thing I haven't covered is the dado throat plate and the help to unload this 452 lb saw. I hope it is in a bunch of separate boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                    I spoke to the product development director at Ridgid regarding the saw. I said the fence looked like a Delta T2 and he said it was more like the Bies, locking only on the front guide. I told him I was also concerned about the durability of the granite top and he said that they had put it through some pretty rough handling and they held up very well. I couldn't get him to confirm that it was a Steel City saw but looking at the granite top and the rectangular throat plate I believe thats what it is. He did confirm that it has cabinet mounted trunions which is the same as Steel City and the Craftsman Hybrids. I have one on order and should be in the store for pick up no later than the 15th of December. I'll try to provide photos and a novice review when I get it. By the way if you have it delivered to the store instead of your home you don't pay for shipping. The only thing I haven't covered is the dado throat plate and the help to unload this 452 lb saw. I hope it is in a bunch of separate boxes.
                    My understanding is that Steel City leased some rights and information about using the granite tops to TTI. It does appear that the cabinet is the same as the Orion made Craftsman 22114.

The Delta T2 is a t-square (Biese type) design locking only in the front, but the T2, the Jet Proshop, and that fence shown on the R4511 have smaller steel tubing than the Biesemeyer and other true Biese clones.

Let us know how you make out with it!

Comment

Hey Ashman, how were you able to order this saw and have it shipped to the store. I do not see the option to select store delivery when ordering on-line. Did you order yours over the phone or through the store?

Comment

I originally contacted HD Customer Service and requested more info after seeing it online but unavailable. That led to a call back within a couple of days and the rep said they could order one for me. I told him I needed more info before ordering such as trunion mounting, fence info and granite top durability. He had the Director of Product Development (Ridgid) call me and answer my questions. Iwas assured that the Lifetime Warranty was available on this saw and I could take advantage of the normal 90 day return policy if I am not satisfied. I was then contacted by HD Atlanta and they ordered the saw to be shipped to my local HD here in Woodhaven, MI. I would have had to pay shipping charges if it were shipped directly to my home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                          I originally contacted HD Customer Service and requested more info after seeing it online but unavailable. That led to a call back within a couple of days and the rep said they could order one for me. I told him I needed more info before ordering such as trunion mounting, fence info and granite top durability. He had the Director of Product Development (Ridgid) call me and answer my questions. Iwas assured that the Lifetime Warranty was available on this saw and I could take advantage of the normal 90 day return policy if I am not satisfied. I was then contacted by HD Atlanta and they ordered the saw to be shipped to my local HD here in Woodhaven, MI. I would have had to pay shipping charges if it were shipped directly to my home.
                          Has anyone actually ordered the r4511 yet?

Comment

I went to HD today and had the customer service desk try to special order it for me. They were told by the distribution center (after countless phone calls to different departments) that any saw's that show up in the distribution center are slated to be sent to individual stores and could not be special ordered. They also said that the saw's won't start to show up in the stores until after christmas. Whatever!!

Comment

If you really want the saw, you could try calling the corporate customer service number, they might fix it for you.

Comment

As far as the shipping cost, I sometimes get the impression that HD has some of the dimmer bulbs on the tree working for them. Go to their website, and you can order a reconditioned TS3650 saw for $447. Catch is that the shipping is $211, making it a total of $658, $109 more than a brand new TS3660 in the box at your local store. I bought a 3660 at my local HD 2 wks ago for 10% off list, by simply getting a HD credit card, which came with the one time discount on any purchase. Took 5 min. No annual fees.
                                "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

Working...
                                X