X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

I spoke with Ridgid today, and they said the R4511 will be in HD stores 'around' Christmas. I mentioned the $452 shipping on the HD site and they laughed. Their HQ is just down the road from here, I asked if I could come down and pick one up, which got a bigger laugh. :-)
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by KenM View Post
      I spoke with Ridgid today, and they said the R4511 will be in HD stores 'around' Christmas. I mentioned the $452 shipping on the HD site and they laughed. Their HQ is just down the road from here, I asked if I could come down and pick one up, which got a bigger laugh. :-)
      At least they LAUGHED at you. I sent HD CS an email about the outlandish shipping charge a week ago and they never responded.

Comment

Originally posted by yuntrips View Post
        At least they LAUGHED at you. I sent HD CS an email about the outlandish shipping charge a week ago and they never responded.
        Oh, they weren't laughing at me, it was the ridiculous shipping HD is trying to charge.
        Everytime I've contacted Ridgid everyone has been very helpful and polite.
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

OK, they were laughing WITH you I guess. I didn't intend for it to sound as though they were being derisive, 'cuz that was my initial reaction to a $450+ shipping charge for a $600 table saw, too (uncontrollable laughter).

Comment

Ashman...did you get the saw yet? Looking forward to hearing your review. I talked to the local HD and they knew nothing about the saw or if they'd get it. I emailed HD CS and they said they can't ship it to the store for me to pick up, they would only ship to my house at the $450+ rate. Curious to see how your order goes. Haven't placed a call to the HQ yet but may if they don't give any better indication of when the stores will carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by yuntrips View Post
              I sent an email to HD customer service yesterday asking them about the ridiculous shipping charge. Haven't heard back yet. I'll keep y'all posted.
              And here's the "official" HD response in all its redundant, non-grammatical, lost-in-translation splendor:

Dear ...,

Thank you for your email to The Home Depot Online Customer Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and for the delay in responding to your e-mail.

Unfortunately, merchandise purchased online can not be delivered at a local store.

However, the product 100656424 - RIDGID 10in Table Saw w-Granite Table is an online only item and not carried at a local Home Depot store.

In addition, shipping cost depends on the weight and size of the product.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Lawrence
              Your friends at The Home Depot.

Of course, what I really asked was if they thought they were going to sell any of these if:
              1. You can't buy one at a local store
              2. You will be charged over $450 to ship it

Notice how they just regurgitated what I already knew.

I purchased a TS3660 yesterday. Nothing surer and better than a bird in the hand.

Comment

The person I am getting all my information from on the R4511 got me an operators manual from Ridgid and the H.D. sku # 750663. You can use this number to check with your local store to see if it is on their list to be shipped to them. Post here if it shows up on any shipping manifest. I'll do the same. I contact my person weekly and he checks for the number.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. I personally will wait for a while before I order the G1023SL instead of the R4511. The sku will be helpful also. I'm sure the R4511 would do what I want a saw to do but I won't give $450.00 + for shipping. The Grizzly was just become the better deal to me. I "feel" sure the R4511 will be in the stores after the TS3660 stock is lowered, that is just good business. So I will hold off for a little while to see if I am right.

My wife told me to order the 1023 and forget the 4511. Who am I to disregard my wifes wishes?
                  Last edited by jerdebson; 12-16-2008, 06:50 PM.
                  Jerry

Comment

Anybody notice that the tool weight listed is the same as the shipping charge?

Comment

We recently went to Muncy, Pa. to the Grizzly showroom to check out their saws. The G1023SLW sure is a nice saw for $1050.00. And you can add their router extension for $200. , their mobile base for $70. , and a Razor blade for $30. The only drawback is the 1 year warranty.
                      The R4511 on the other hand has lifetime warranty and just over 1/2 the cost after taxes. That sku # is not on this weeks manifest at my store.
                      Last edited by rick2; 12-17-2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rick2 View Post
                        ... The only drawback is the 1 year warranty.
                        The R4511 on the other hand has lifetime warranty....
                        AFAIK the "warranty" is 3 years....you must register for the Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA), and it does not cover everything the warranty does. Some of the LSA experts here will clarify better than I can.

Comment

I know the warranty doesn't cover everything. The warranty for the Ridgid and the Grizzly are comparable except in time. Grizzly has 1 year and Ridgid has 3 years with a 90 day satisfaction guarantee. Which one wins in long term reputation! Still the Ridgid has its advantages, especially in its price range. I am debating between these saws and the Jet hybrid. Does any one have any experience with a table saw mounted router mount? What are the pros and cons?

Comment

I picked up my Ridgid R4511 late yesterday at my local HD. It took a few days longer than they said but is finally here. I will post photos and a comments after I get it assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
                              I picked up my Ridgid R4511 late yesterday at my local HD. It took a few days longer than they said but is finally here. I will post photos and a comments after I get it assembled.
                              I'm so curious, it almost makes me wish I were in the market!

Comment

quote=Ashman;194565]I picked up my Ridgid R4511 late yesterday at my local HD. It took a few days longer than they said but is finally here. I will post photos and a comments after I get it assembled.[/quote]

Ashman

Thanks for the very good info. I will order a R4511 if I can get around the extreme freight. Cost plus tax is acceptable, but >$450 freight isn't going to happen. There will be a G1023SL in my shop first. We are patiently, (not), waiting with baited breath for your report.
                                Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                X