Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ridgid R4511 availability?

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to use my new saw very much due to other commitments but from what I could tell it takes longer to bring the 1- 1/4 in granite to room temperature than it does the hollow web designed cast iron and it sweat more. I am using a torpedo kerosene heater in the garage so it doesn't heat up equally thoughout the garage. I'll keep you posted.

By the way that is some beautiful country you live in. I used to deer hunt around Agate Falls, Kenton and Bruces Crossing.
    Thanks, Ashman. that's good info. I'm only 6 miles south of Lake Superior, so we get some pretty wild temp and humidity swings year round. I'm looking around for a kerosene heater before I move the shop from the basement to the garage as the propane torpedo I have puts out WAY too much moisture.

It is pretty country up here, but it's been very white since mid-November. As they say, only six more months of winter and only nine months till next winter.

Comment

The table height is approx. 37 inches. Maybe you could remove the legs which are approx. 13 inches and fabricate a different type stand.
      I was wondering if you might be able to get em a measurement from the bottom of the dust collection hole to the top of the table. I need to see if there is some room for me to play with when possibly making a base for it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RevEd View Post
        Again I might remind you to display a little restraint here. I received an e-mail for a steel city saw marked down nearly half price. Between this new saw coming to market and the economy I think your going to see some real deals both from Ridgid and other manufactures.

If you didn't know it your in a buyers market. Just make sure you have your self in sound financial position to take advantage of the market.
        Reved

RevEd

Do you still have the email on the Steel City saw and is it still available and how much? I have the money, if I don't get too carried away, to buy a new saw at this time. I am looking into several possibilities so I can try to make an informed choice. TIA.
        Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          This has to have been one of the hottest threads on the Forum, with close to 11,000 views in only two months.

That would seem to indicate there is just a tinge of interest in this saw. Makes you wonder why its not out in the stores yet don't it???
          It's my understanding that the China's monetary system is in worse shape than ours by far. They have millions of tons of stuff waiting on the dock's but the exchange rates are terrible from their point of view. So they hold off some on shipping and so on?

Buck

Comment

Jerdebson,

The measurement from the bottom of the dust collector to the top of the table is 30 inches.

Comment

Jerdebson,

The measurement from the bottom of the dust collector to the top of the table is 30 inches.
              Actually I asked you for that info, but thanks. I am thinking that if I take off the base and build a new one from some hardwood and leave about an inch of clearance at the bottom of the dust collector, I could give me a table height of about 31 inches. That might work. Thanks. By the way if anyone has seen or heard of anything that has been modified for people in wheelchairs, I would appreciate the info. Thanks again.

Comment

It might be easier to use a table top TS or something like the TS-2400, not as big, powerful, or accurate as the 3650 3660 or the new 4511, but still a good saw.

I would think that modifing a 3650 or 3660 or a contractor style TS would be easier then a hybrid.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Here you are, jerry.
                  http://www.woodsmithstorespecials.co...105/etips.html

Ken
                  Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Those look to be great deals.

The TS is not the granite top model but still a nice TS and for $749 its even better.

$499 for their 6" CI long bed jointer w/granite fence is not bad either.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sacadelic View Post
                      By the way if anyone has seen or heard of anything that has been modified for people in wheelchairs, I would appreciate the info. Thanks again.
                      If you haven't already you might check out routerforums .com

They have a sub-forum on special needs woodworking for those with physical limitations or disabilities.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Capstone View Post
                        If you haven't already you might check out routerforums .com

They have a sub-forum on special needs woodworking for those with physical limitations or disabilities.

Michael
                        Hi there, Thanks for the info. I have been there before. There was some good info there. I am really looking for table saws that are out of the box ready for wheelchair users. The only one that I have found is made by General. It is an awesome saw but really more than I need and more money than I wanted to spend (around $3200). When HD had this saw listed on their sight it showed the table height at 30.1 inches or so. I knew that it was too good to be true. I think that I might just end up biting the bullet and getting that saw. The good news is that I dontthink that I will ever have to buy another saw again. Check it out.

http://www.general.ca/Access/pagemac...ac650t50a.html

Thanks again. And if you see or find anything else, PM me.

Sac

Comment

Originally posted by KenM View Post

Ken

Thanks for the link. I will check this out later today, if it is as good a deal as it looks my wait may be over. That saw with a 3 h.p. motor is the best thing I've seen so far.
                          Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by jerdebson View Post

Ken

Thanks for the link. I will check this out later today, if it is as good a deal as it looks my wait may be over. That saw with a 3 h.p. motor is the best thing I've seen so far.
                            $749 for the 1-3/4hp version would be a nice deal...that's an insane price for the 3hp. It's the same design as the Craftsman 22124, which has proven to be a very nice saw IMO...many feel that the fence on the Steel City is better than a Biesemeyer.

Comment

• Steel City saw

I tried to navigate the site and couldn't for some reason. So I tried to just contact them thru their "contact us" site. I will get back if they are still available. This looks to be Steel City's lowest price cabinet saw, but well worth that price. I asked if they were still available and the freight rate.
                              Jerry

Comment

• Re: Steel City saw

Originally posted by jerdebson View Post
                                I tried to navigate the site and couldn't for some reason. So I tried to just contact them thru their "contact us" site. I will get back if they are still available. This looks to be Steel City's lowest price cabinet saw, but well worth that price. I asked if they were still available and the freight rate.
                                Technically, I suppose that Steel City model could be considered a cabinet saw...it has cabinet mounted trunnions and a fully enclosed cabinet. However, it's worth noting that the trunnion system isn't the same as those on their industrial cabinet saws. It's essentially a cabinet mounted trunnion design from a hybrid with a 3hp motor mounted.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X