Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

??????? Metal Detector for Wood ????????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??????? Metal Detector for Wood ????????

After nicking a fairly new planer blade. I am considering buying a metal detector to scan my lumber with. The only requirement (due to a high frequency hearing loss)I have is that it has a vibration type alert on it. So far the only one I have found is the "Lumber Wizard" for $99.

Does anyone one recommend this one or is there others out there that I should consider?

I really don't want to spend a lot of money on this, but also realize the money I will save by no having to buy new planer blades due to a nail or staple.

Thanks........Scott

A friend of mine has that one and likes it.

I tried the Little Wizard and was not impressed. It worked for large screws but not metal shavings so I would not recommend it.

Comment

I have a ZIRCPN VIDIO SCANER bougt at HD. I have used it and find it VERY helpful in finding the small metal fragmednts. I would replace it with a duplicate if mine "took a walk", Amazon.com Has the also. the Customer ratings as far as I am concerned are WAY OFF BASE. Either they did not read & undersand the instructiona or just jumped in... The ratings on the minus side are WRONG, WRONG,WRONG ! I have found a tack head in a piece of oak, kinda small but doug it out anf\d saved my planer blade.. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THEM "PLAY WITH IT" PUT A SMALL METAL SHAVING UNDER A 2" OAK OR OTHER WOOD AND IT WILL TELL YOU THAT IT IS THERE. NO MYSTERY, TRY IT. YOU WILL LIKE IT. DOCDICK

Comment

Is this Zircon scanner still carried by Home Depot? How much does it cost?
        Thanh Rodke<br />Woodworker Stuck in a Computer Geek\'s Body...

Comment

Working...
        X