Ridgid Saw Blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Saw Blades

A friend just told me about the new Ridgid Saw blades.

Have any of you used one? What are your opinions thus far? And does anyone know who is making these for HD?

I have yet to see it in writing but some are claiming that these blades are made by Freud. If thats the case then they should be a quality blade but they also look, to me anyway, to be on a par with the Freud Diablo and TK Series blades. If thats what they are then, IMO, they're overpriced. I'd much rather shell out basically the same money and buy the Freud LU Series Perma-Shield blades. I also prefer full kerf blades over thin kerf.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I was going to buy one until I saw they were thin kerf. I use full kerf on my saw and am not about to start making new ZCIs and readjusting my fence scale.

Comment

The blades are made by Freud for RIDGID; the RIDGID folks confirmed this. I am using a 50 tooth combination blade to crosscut and rip cedar, pine and red oak. It cuts beautifully. Even on the red oak, the finish on the wood is virtually jointer-smooth after rips.

I also bought the 90 tooth finishing blade for plywood and crosscuts. I have not used it yet, by my HD salesman attended a RIDGID demo on the blades, and he tells me it is even smoother. The only thing that is lacking is that RIDGID has not yet added a 24 - 30 tooth rip blade to this new lineup.
        There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Comment

any other experiences with these blades? I'm looking to upgrade my 12" miter saw and I'm mainly looking at the 100T Ridgid Ultimate (R12100)at $75 or the 96T Freud Diablo (D1296N) at $65.

$80 really is about my max price at this point.

Comment

Unless they're cheaper than the comparable Freud, why not just buy the Freud?

Comment

that's my question, are they comparable or is there any advantage to either one?

Comment

I've been wondering about the same new RIDGID blade for my 12" compound miter. Have been hoping to see a review in one of the wood mags, but haven't seen any yet. But hey, that cool gold color must be worth the extra ten bucks, right
                Integrity Counts!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal CC:
                  I've been wondering about the same new RIDGID blade for my 12" compound miter. Have been hoping to see a review in one of the wood mags, but haven't seen any yet. But hey, that cool gold color must be worth the extra ten bucks, right
                  ....And I'd have thought guys with orange tools would be color coordinating with the CMT orange coated blades!

Comment

Working...
                  X