TS3650 Great saw BUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Great saw BUT

I've had the 3650 for three years and have used it almost daily in my business. I have on several occasions needed a fence that would adjust to 48". Does Ridgid have any plans to offer an extension? If not why not?
    I wonder if any after market parts would be available for this?

Re: TS3650 Great saw BUT

There are several good aftermarket fences that offer 50"...Biesemeyer, Vega, HTC, Shop Fox, Unifence, etc.

Comment

Considering the 3650 has the largest rip capacity of just about any contractor type saw you can find at Sears/Lowes/Home Depot I would not hold out for them to change that. In fact doesnt the new hybrid have less rip capacity?

As hewood said, you will have to get something aftermarket like the ones he listed. I remember seeing one from Incra that looked really slick with all kinds of bells and whistles, probably set you back at least $500.

Comment

Welcome dkeesling, nice to finally see someone close to me (Cedar Lake). I believe I read in a thread where someone shifted the fence rails to the right (12") occasionally to get a 48" capacity. Anyone recall that? It may also have been on one of the other forums I belong to. Best of luck...Pat

Comment

From FWW's review of the saw, the rails can be shifted to the right for a rip capacity of "more than 50 inches".

Comment

Thanks to all for your input! I think I'll try moving the saw rails...cheapest and easiest.

Comment

Originally posted by dkeesling@urhere.net View Post
              Thanks to all for your input! I think I'll try moving the saw rails...cheapest and easiest.
              Be sure to add some support to the rails. It'll keep them from bending and prevent tipping. You'll also need to relocate the tape measure.

Comment

Working...
              X