X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw marks on TS2400 with original blade

I have had my TS2400 for about 3 months now and it is great. The only problem is saw marks. I've been purchasing tools to fill out my shop and haven't been able to purchase the WWII saw blade that I would like. Can I do anything to reduce the saw marks I see when ripping with the original blade? I checked the blade and fence and they are both parallel with the miter slot. I've cut oak, cherry, and pine all with the same results. I'm just worried that the problem won't go away with a new blade and there is something wrong with my setup. It takes a lot of sanding to get rid of them.

Thanks,

John

John,

I don't have that model table saw and I do use the WWII blade, but I was wondering what type of saw marks you were getting - teeth marks or burns?

Comment

Woodguy,

If you are using the original blade, that is probably your problem. If you have made sure that the blade and fence are both perfectly parallel to the miter slot (my 2424 is +/- .002 on both), than the blade is the most likely candidate. The blade that comes with the saw is not a high end blade. If you check there is probably quite a bit of run-out and since it is thin kerf there is going to be some flex. You could try a set of blade stabilizers, or just bite the bullet and go foe the WWII.
      -Rob<br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/</a> <br />Damn, I hit the wrong nail again. Ouch that hurts

Comment

Thanks for the reply's. I did go back and check my fence. It was slightly toed in on the backside so I spent a couple of hours messing with it to get it right. I also adjusted the splitter to be in line with the blade. The results are better, but I will need a new blade. I plan on ordering one very soon.

Thanks for the help.

John

Comment

I have a WWII blade and stabilizer on their way. I can't wait to try it out. I'm sure the difference is going to be night and day.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Okay..for all of us newbies and woodworkers wanna be's...what is a WWII?????
            thanks for the help!

Comment

It is the FORREST brand saw blade. Many people say it is the best Blade.
              http://forrest.woodmall.com/forwoodii.html

Comment

Sorry about use of the WWII instead of saying Wood Worker II. You can buy it full kerf or thin kerf in a 30 or 40 tooth version. They are available on amazon.com or directly from Forrest. Mine is coming directly from the factory and is supposed to be here in a couple weeks. The price is high, but the quality is also high.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                X