X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please: Dado insert question

Hey guys i was wondering what kind of price you should pay for a dado insert for the 3650
    I just bought the freud 208 set and asked the salesman at my HD how much for an insert,he looks it up and tells me $53, does this sound right ?
    Thats almost half the price of the set

One more Question ( i think badger dave posted something on this) i was wondering how you make an insert for bevelled cuts

Thanks

Just make your own. They're not that difficult to make.

Comment

Thanx newfguy i think i will,was still wondering about how to make them zci for bevelled cuts though

Comment

netz, to make the beveld ZCI, just mount a blank insert on the saw, set the blade to the desired angle then raise the blade up through the insert.

Making your own isn't that difficult but if you'd rather purchase blanks here's one place you can get them.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

thanx badgerdave i just purchased my 3650 (882 packs of smokes lol)and got it all set up ,i've already made some zci's for my single blade.i just bought the sd208 dado set but wasnt sure if it was safe to raise it through while angled with all them teeth a spinning.

ps a dollar a blank for mdf sure beats the $53
          quoted to me by our friendly neighbourhood HD man

thanx for all the useful info
          Nelz

Comment

sorry that was 82 packs of smokes ,just felt like 882 lol

Comment

I usually make several at a time when I make them. I have a Craftsman 22124, but the concept is the same. I use the insert that came with the saw as a pattern. I rough cut the blank on the bandsaw, and then double-stick tape the "master" to it and use a flush trim bit on the router table to finish it up. You can then lower the blade and install the new insert, and set the blade angle to whatever you need, and them just slowly raise the blade. If this bothers you with the dado set installed, you can lower the blades, install the insert, and clamp your rip fence down over the insert (out of the way of the cut, of course). The rip fence will keep the blades from pushing the instert out.

[ 12-13-2005, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: NewfGuy ]

Comment

I paid $24.00 for mine at my local Home Depot (special order). However I think the guy that took my order didn't know what he was doing and he enter the wrong price, I believe the right price is about $31.00 to $33.00 US.

In my lonely opinion, don't ever go directly to Ridgid Part what a rip off.

If I had to make the choice between Ridgid Parts or making my own. I will make my own.

I hope I am not offending anyone from Ridgid, After all, it is a good brand, but crappy after market part(expensive), and accessories

Comment

thanx for all the input guys,it sure makes this hobby alot more interesting and safe

Well i gotta go do that dumb work stuff now,someones gotta pay the bills eh!

thanx again
                  Nelz

Comment

Working...
                  X