Type of wax for TS3660

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of wax for TS3660

Hey experts I am new to this forum and have a question, I just bought a TS3660 and I was wondering what type of wax should use to keep the top from rusting?
    Thanks

Re: Type of wax for TS3660

Any silicone free paste wax should be fine....beware that most auto waxes contain silicone. I use Johnson's but Minwax and others will work just fine.

Comment

Bostik TopCote or Boeshield T-9 will do a much better job of rust prevention than paste wax. I would use one of those products as a base and then apply the paste wax on top to make the saws top nice and slippery.
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Bostik TopCote or Boeshield T-9 will do a much better job of rust prevention than paste wax. I would use one of those products as a base and then apply the paste wax on top to make the saws top nice and slippery.
        Better yet! ...and is exactly what I do.

Comment

Where can I buy the Bostik Topcote or Boeshield T-9 and thanks again for the quick replies.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Woodcraft and Sears handle the T-9. You can find the TopCote at Lee Valley. Rockler would be another place to check. A Google search will probably produce even more places to buy from.
            Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
            ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
            X