Furniture design software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture design software

I have found a good, affordable ($200) software application for furniture design.

It has a very intuitive interface and has a much shorter learning curve than a Cad/Cam package or Googles’ Sketchup.

As you are designing your project, the package is building parts lists, price lists and cut lists. It also “knows” about joinery and will calculate both cut length and component nominal size of board.

There are many more features too numerous to mention here.

If you are interested, go to http://www.sketchlist.com for more information, demos and tutorials.

You can download a free trial version from there.

DISCLAIMER:

I have no financial interest in this company and receive no salary or commission from it. My interest is solely to inform you of a product that may be of use to you in designing furniture and other things (rooms, workshops etc).

Bill

Re: Furniture design software

It won't install on Vista ...

John

Comment

Originally posted by Sawdust'nStitches View Post
      It won't install on Vista ...

John
      The trial installed fine for me on Vista.
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by billmoy View Post
        I have found a good, affordable ($200) software application for furniture design.

It has a very intuitive interface and has a much shorter learning curve than a Cad/Cam package or Googles’ Sketchup.

As you are designing your project, the package is building parts lists, price lists and cut lists. It also “knows” about joinery and will calculate both cut length and component nominal size of board.

There are many more features too numerous to mention here.

If you are interested, go to http://www.sketchlist.com for more information, demos and tutorials.

You can download a free trial version from there.

DISCLAIMER:

I have no financial interest in this company and receive no salary or commission from it. My interest is solely to inform you of a product that may be of use to you in designing furniture and other things (rooms, workshops etc).

Bill
        Thanks for the info. This one looks like what I have been looking for.
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

You're right, KenM, it does indeed work on Vista. When I downloaded and tried to install it last evening my laptop apparently had a Microsoft Moment, because it would not run the install package. The Sketchlist download page does note that it's not designed for Vista.

But, it's installed now and runs fine, so that's all that matters!

John

Comment

Sawdust, I had trouble with it on my Vista machine as well.. For some reason I had to close some apps to free up memory and then it worked.. Looks like its a memory gobbler.. But nice software..

Comment

Hi,

I download pdf .I think it’s nice and helpful software in furniture design. Thanks for share it.
              Litter bin for the home.

Comment

OK, I don't use vista, perhaps I can use that for my business. Thanks!
                Office Chairs | Office Chair | Executive Office Chairs

Comment

id be real surprised if the learning curve is shorter then google sketchup, but even if it is, sketchup is free!

Comment

As noted before sketch list uses component models to build a design. A programm that is similar is Alibre. There is a free limited use version available at http://www.download.com/Alibre-Desig...-10424841.html
                    I haven't tried it myself yet, but have read some positive reviews.

Comment

HI..............,
                      SketchList 3D is the furniture design software that allows woodworkers to use a computer to design furniture and cabinets by using virtual 3D boards, drawers and doors. You add, size, pick materials, and locate parts interactively, always seeing the result of your work.
                      Builders South London

Comment

Contemporary European Italian Designer Furnishings.

Get yourself stylish contemporary, European, Italian modern bedroom furniture and furnishings. European designer Italian bedroom furniture, office furniture, home Furnishings & Interiors are at great savings.

Contemporary European Italian Designer Furnishings.

Comment

Working...
                        X