X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2930 Router - now a table?

I've been pretty happy with my R2930 router for a few years now. I'm very much a hobbyist and not a pro at all, but I would really like a nice router table. Yes, I'm sure I could buy one, but I like to learn by building some of my tools.

My space is very limited so the table will have to be mobile and easy to put away.

Anyone have suggestions for plans, woods to use or things to avoid?

Thanks.

Re: R2930 Router - now a table?

My floor space is also limited -- plenty of square footage, just a hard space to work with -- so I decided to add the router table in place of one of the extension wings on my table saw. I just bought a 3660 TS to replace a 30-year-old Craftsman and can now install the router table without removing a wing. Adding it to the table saw lets you utilize the rip fence by adding a purchased or shop-made split router fence.

I'm new to this forum but would imagine that a search will turn up plans or pics of someone's setup.

Best of luck with your project. Once you have a router table you'll wonder how you got along without it!

John

Comment

I built my current router table from various parts from different vendors. I used a JessEm Mast-R-Lift mounted on JessEm Table. I have a Mite-R-Slide with a JessEm Fence. I mounted this on a Ridgid AC9910 Universal Table with an AC9950 Herc-U-Lift. This has been a very good addition to my workshop. I've have a Porter-Cable 7518 3 1/4 hp variable speed router with this table. Another good option is to by plans from Norm from New Yankee Workshop.

Originally posted by Hiker-42 View Post
      I've been pretty happy with my R2930 router for a few years now. I'm very much a hobbyist and not a pro at all, but I would really like a nice router table. Yes, I'm sure I could buy one, but I like to learn by building some of my tools.

My space is very limited so the table will have to be mobile and easy to put away.

Anyone have suggestions for plans, woods to use or things to avoid?

Thanks.

Comment

Check out this link, I installed the melamine table unit on my Ridgid ts3650 tablesaw without removing the right side wing and the Triton plunge router (made to work inverted with a handle crank)
        I then built a 3/4" melamine cover with lip trims over everything.
        I couldn't be happier, as I have a moveable combo saw and lift router and another worktable for assembly, glueups etc. I plan on buying Kreg components to add to the tabletop for clamping, etc.
        Works great for limited shop space.
        I have every power tool, tablesaw, band saw, planner sanders, etc. in a two car garage and because of their mobility, am able to park both my cars when I put the machines in their place.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/order...er_table4.html

Comment

Working...
        X