X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" Band Saw Riser Block

Wondering if anyone knows if there is a riser block available for the Ridgid 14" band saw?

Re: 14" Band Saw Riser Block

See this thread:
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=riser+block

Its Grizzly H3051. I installed the same unit just a couple of weeks ago. It's available from Grizzly and/or Amazon and other online sources.

Installation is a (relative) snap. While I had the upper assembly apart I also installed the Carter quick-release mechanism, cool blocks, anti-vibration mat underneath, and re-tuned the wheels and alignment of things. Runs fabulous and I've been resawing some logs from trees we took down 2 years ago. With a 1/2" Timberwolf 3-tpi blade, it does great and with almost zero drift.

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered the part and I really did not think I was going to find a solution so quickly. Thanks again.

Comment

Most of these 14" cast iron frame import band saws are based on the same basic castings and copies of the same castings... One area they vary is the size of the guide post.

The Harbor Freight / Central Machinery 32208 14" band saw can use that same riser block kit with the same diameter guide post. Even though you ordered the Grizzly, another valid option would have been the Central Machinery 24536-0ZZA riser block kit available through Harbor Freight's parts phone line...

Comment

Working...
        X