X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refinishing

I have started to refinish furniture (tables/chairs/dressers) for my kids that are getting close to getting there own apts. But it's getting to the point that I don't want to hassle with the tedious sanding of turned chair legs. The painted ones can be somewhat cleaned with gel paint remover, but you still need to resand in the turned areas and also with removing stained ones. Is there a easyer why to sand them down? How about a sand paper made for this? I have picked up some nice stuff at swap meets and yard sales way cheaper then building it but the man hours is killing me.

Re: refinishing

They make sanding string that would help you get in the turned crevices.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...g&cookietest=1

Comment

that looks like it might work. thank you

Comment

harbor frieght has sanding sponges that are very versile. also, 3m has finishing pads that may be just right for you (i use the green ones to start)

good luck.
        peace to you.
        m

Comment

Fastest way I have to get the old finish off is a card scraper. It still requires some finish sanding, but will remove most of the old coating very quickly. For sanding the grooves, i wrap a piece of adhesive backed sandpaper around the blade of a putty knife.

Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I went to HF and got the sponges, but they didn't carry the cord. I guess I will need to order that. Thanks for the help and any other that comes along.

Comment

Working...
            X