X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TS3660

Bought my new 3660 yesterday from HD. I waited until Black Friday to see if it went on sale. Alas, no. I asked the store mgr if it might go on sale anytime soon. He said no, and he felt sure it would not go on sale. I then went over to the customer svc desk, and got a HD credit card. No annual fees. Took about 5 min. Came with a 10% discount on first purchase. So, instead of a list price of $549, I got $54.90 off. Not the greatest, but better than nothing.

I am impressed with the saw. Very good quality and workmanship. All the holes lined up perfectly, which made the assembly fun, not a chore. Now I can go make some sawdust.
    "non illegitimis carborundum"

Re: New TS3660

When I check the Home Depot web site, it tells me that the TS3660 is "online only" and only the TS3650 can be found in the store. Since you found your TS3660 at the store, I'm wondering whether the web site is wrong and I should call around to see if they really are available through the stores.

How did you find out the saw was available?

Comment

I picked up a TS3600 today at HD. It was not there a week ago. They had a TS 3650 and a TS3660 on the shelf. Sounds like they are starting to show up in stores. They matched Lowes price on the Hitachi saw($499.00). No questions asked or proof needed. I guess you can pretty much get a little off just for asking. The setup is pretty close out of the box. WooHoo no more ShopSmith table saw!!

Comment

Lallen,

When I got my saw Sat, same situation as Jeeperjohn, two in the box at the store, one a 3650 and one a 3660. They have the same sku number.

Comment

Sale deals, price matching, and availability seems to vary by store. Many have reported getting the 3660 from the store for months now....others only the 3650.

There is a new R4511 hybrid in the works that should be making an appearance eventually.....no word when though.

Congrats! Now put a nice blade on that saw and get it aligned and running well.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
            There is a new R4511 hybrid in the works that should be making an appearance eventually.....no word when though.
            Check out the "R4511 Availability thread in this forum" for updates. It has shown up on the website in Out of stock Online/Online Only status right now.

Comment

What is the diffence between the 3660 and the 3650?
              I saw the Rigid Jointer at the Home Depot in Toms River NJ on Clearence for 299.00 when the HD near me has it for at 429 now.
              Last edited by bert304; 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bert304 View Post
                What is the diffence between the 3660 and the 3650?
                Not much. I'm told the 3660 has a slightly sturdier stand and everything is packed in one box. The 3650 rails are packed separately. Otherwise, they're the same.

Comment

Bert304,

I think $299 is is good price. I am assuming that this is the 06101 model. I was lucky several months ago and bought an almost new one, very slightly used, on ebay for $215. I had to drive 100 miles to get it, but it was worth it. No warps, out of alignment, etc. It is a great jointer. Only problem (an a slight one) is that it is a 6", and not larger. If this gets to be a problem in the future, I bet that I can sell it for about what I paid for it, and get a bigger model.

Comment

Working...
                  X